Chapter 5

BTW I loooooove comments!! They motivate me to write so please comment and vote!!

•••
Is it weird that from hating someone, you find yourself liking that someone? Has it ever happened to you? It's happening to me. I'm finally admitting to myself that I like the arrogant, self-centered, Gucci-wearing, perfectly waxed bastard right in front of me.

It all happened in slow motion. It's like I came out of my body and watched what was happening. I stared at myself leaning in and touching his jaw line.

"I don't know why, but...I think it's hurting me, too." I whispered, looking into his chocolate eyes.

He shook his head and sighed, "No. We can't do this. You'll lose your job and--"

"Abril!" I heard a voice yell outside in the hall.

I let my hands fall and slump to my side. "Yes?"

Just then, Juan entered the room, panting. "Okay, yeah, hi." He leaned against the doorway. "How's he doing?"

I looked at Cristiano and there he was staring back at me. I blushed a bit and he smiled. "He has a sprained ankle. Grade 2 if you ask me."

"Hm... Okay. Let me see." He took out his kit and unwrapped Cristiano's ankle, revealing the swelled purple ligament. He touched it and immediately Cristiano winced in pain. "Yep. Definitely a Grade 2 sprain. Two weeks of bed rest and then two more weeks of physical therapy. During that time, Victor will be back so that means that he will take over trainings and Abril, you are going to be Cristiano's 'nurse'."

"But I'm not a nurse!" I retorted.

"Well, if you want to keep this internship, you're going to have to be one."

"Fine."

Cristiano then coughed, "So she'll be with me at my house?"

"Afraid so." Juan added.

Cristiano groaned and I know why then he asked, "What happened to the rest of the game?"

"You got substituted by Chicharito. He made a goal before I got here so now we lead 2 - nil." He announced proudly.

"And Pepe?" I asked.

"He just over exaggerated!" He chuckled. "He's playing right now."

We both nodded.

"There's a driver outside waiting for you guys to take you to the airport." Juan said. "You're going to go back to Madrid earlier than us so that Abril can take you to your house to rest, okay?"

"Okay." Cristiano assured.

•••

Getting Cristiano to his house was not an easy task. I mean come on! He's 6'1 and I'm 5'0! The guys a beast! Sure I got help from the other men in the airport, and he has crutches, but getting him into his Audi R8 was super hard!

"Be careful with her!" He warned as I got in the driver's seat. I was in shock when he let me drive this car, but I didn't protest for that matter. "Don't take her to full speed."

I rolled my eyes and started the car, "I won't." The car roared very loudly and started to rumble. Okay... My first and only car has been a Toyota. That's the only thing I'm saying. I gasped and my eyes widened.

"We're gonna die..." He mumbled under his breath.

As he told me the directions to his house, I was driving like an eighty year old in this car. Screaming and blushing every time the car went to fast. Cristiano was holding on to the handle and-- wait was he praying?

"I don't drive that bad." I said.

"Shut up and turn left here!" He said sharply while hiding his face in his knees.

"Pussy." I coughed.

"Hey! I'm not the one who drives like a drunk grandma!" He snapped. "Just turn right and it's at the end of the road here."

I sighed and did as I was told.

When the car stopped in the marble floored carport I almost died. This house was a fucking dream. It was a castle compared to my tiny ass studio.

"Close your mouth, you don't want flies in it." He laughed.

I blushed and got out the car, helping him get out. I took our bags and waited for him to open the door. He quickly unlocked the door and revealed a pitch black entrance. As he pressed a button beside the door the lights turned on and a big modern foyer appeared before my eyes. The only thing heard was his crutches against the marble floor.

"Okay so we need to get you to rest." I announced after a few moments of silence.

"First I show you to your room." He said.

I followed him down a hall that was to my right and passed a couple of doors until we reached the last one. Inside, was a lavish room with a queen sized bed in the middle. A huge flatscreen TV was on the wall. There was a bathroom connected also and a large sliding door which led to what I assume was a pool, but I couldn't see very well. I dropped my bag and then met him outside.

"Wow. That room is bigger than my whole apartment." I exclaimed as he chuckled.

"Okay now follow me to my room now." He said.

We climbed some stairs and finally got to his room, again, passing many doors. His room was way too big is all I could say. I mean, there was a fucking living room in it.

I set his bag down and, said "We need to talk." He sat on the bed and I sat beside him.

I was really nervous with what I was about to say, but I said it anyway, "I like you."

Then he, started rambling again, "No you can't! I'll get you fired."

"I don't care! We can keep this a secret!" I argued taking his hand.

"I can't let myself do this again."

"What do you mean 'again'?" I asked dropping his hand.

Again, Cristiano, shook his head, "I bet you've heard some of the guys tell you that you haven't been the only medical intern that I've been...um...rude to."

"Yeah," I said.

"Well, um..." He scratched the back of his neck, "Before I was with Irina, back in 2009 when it was my first season here, there was this intern. Her name was Elisa. She was sure was something! But she was nothing like you, Abril."

I frowned at his comment, "Well, I don't know if I should take that as an insult or a compliment."

"Take it as a compliment. She was loud and bitchy, but there was something about her that pulled me to her."

I scoffed, "Was she tall, skinny, and an absolute beauty?"

He smiled and chuckled, "It wasn't that!" Cristiano then paused, "She said things as they were. She had no filter. Because she had no filter, she confessed that she wanted me to sleep with her. And I don't know what came over me, but I did it." I coughed at the awkwardness, but he just kept talking, "One thing led to another and we kept doing it until we got caught. By Juan. He fired her and well she now hates me forever and works at McDonald's."

"Okay, but that doesn't mean we'll end up like that! Besides, I don't just want to sleep with you." I covered my mouth, instantly regretting what I said.

"Oh." He gasped. "You really want to do this?"

I hesitantly nodded, "Yes."

Before I knew it, his lips were on mine.