Chapter 16

"Weeeeee!" Junior squealed as Abril picked him up and carried him on her back.

Abril ran around the backyard, acting like an airplane. As she ran, her brunette hair flowed in the wind, her smile widened, and she finally looked good. She no longer looked like a character on The Walking Dead, but she did still feel fatigue and nausea sometimes, but somehow, she was glowing. Of course, she wasn't that big as she was only 2 months, but even she has to admit that she the bump was getting the tiniest bit bigger.

When she went to the doctor last week (with Cris of course, and, also, making sure the doctor was trustworthy of not leaking their relationship to anyone) he told her that the baby was the size of a kidney bean. He also ran some tests to make sure everything was okay, and it was. She was so happy.

"Abril?" Junior asked as they laid on the grass next to each other.

Cristiano was filming god knows what commercial and Abril was taking care of the five year old. Not that she was complaining; she loved that kid to death.

"Yeah?" She asked, threading her fingers through his dark curls.

"Do you like papai?" Junior asked, peering at Abril through his dark lashes.

"Of course I do." Abril smiled sweetly, "Why would you ask that?"

"I asked Irina that same question and she answered the same as you, but she hurt papai. He was very sad for a long time and when he's said, I'm sad." He sat up and flanged his arms around, "I don't like being sad, Abril."

She sat up, pulled him onto her lap, and held him close, "I will never make you sad. I promise."

"You promise?" Junior shifted in her lap, facing her.

"I pinky promise," she stated confidently, raising her pinky finger.

Junior looked at her hesitantly before linking his pinky with hers. She felt so young with Junior, like she was five years old again. She laughed and started tickling him, making his giggle adorably and squirm around.

"Stop!" He laughed. "I'm gonna pee myself." He joked.

"You wouldn't." She stopped, narrowing her eyes at him.

"I would." He warned slowly.

Abril let him go and started chasing him around the yard again. "I'm gonna catch you!"

"Uh uh!" He jumped in the pool and laughed because he knew Abril wouldn't jump in.

"You are too smart for your age!" She teased as Junior splashed water on her.

She could get used to that.

After playing in the yard and in the pool for a couple of more hours, Abril wrapped him around in a Spiderman towel like a burrito.

"I can't move!" He yelped, laughing. He jumped, trying to move, but toppled on the grass making him laugh louder. Abril laughed, too, when he started moving like a caterpillar, trying to get to the house.

She rolled her eyes as she said, "C'mere you little goofball," She swiftly scooped him in her arms twirling around.

They both were a giggling mess when they entered the house. The air inside the house was cooler than the warm atmosphere of Madrid so Abril knew she had to bathe Junior and change him into dry clothes before he starts to shiver.

"Let's get you cleaned up," She said going upstairs and to his bathroom.

"No!" He whined, squirming in the towel.

"Yes! Or do you wanna have hypothermia?" Abril asked unrolling him from the towel.

"What's hypo- hypo- hypo-" He started saying whilst laying on top of the towel he burritofied in.