Chapter 29

Happy Holidays everyone!

I leave you with Sergio Ramos wishing you a Murry Christmas.

•••

The Gucci sunglasses were held tightly in his hand as he stood in front of the door. Anyone passing would say he was going to break the 600 euro sunglasses. He did not need them at that moment, though. Other than the fact that he was inside a building, the sun was still not shining at its fullest due to it being only 7:19 AM. He had been waiting in front of the door for 19 minutes exactly. Plus, he had also been waiting a few hours out in the parking lot.

He knew the man was in there. The man was always early. He liked to be the first one in. He made sure everyone was in for the day.

The plaque on the metal door mocked him.

Pres. Florentino Perez

Today was the day.

The day he would finish his plan.

The day when Abril could finally breath again.

Cristiano knew he should enter the office before anyone saw him standing in the hall like a dummy, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

The words on his contract mocked him: Under any circumstances you must not form any unprofessional relationships with members of the staff.

He knew Abril's contract said the same thing.

They all do.

His relationship with her is anything but professional. The baby on the way said it all.

Florentino does not like it when contracts are broken. He remembers Iker's situation. He was benched for two seasons because of accidentally leaking Mourinho's tactics to Sara Carbonero. Iker broke the rules and he was punished.

Now, Iker is gone.

Like he will be too if he stays outside the doors.

Mustering all his strength, he knocked on the door with three hard swings.

"Come in," The voice rang.

Cristiano opened the door in one swift motion. The smell of wood and cigars was the only thing his nose registered. The room was illuminated with a dangly chandelier, it wasn't big, but it was still beautiful and expensive. At There was a small area of seating with black leather seats. At the back, there stood the desk and behind it sat the man who many, if not all, madristas hated.

Florentino looked up from a pile of papers on the desk, and dropped everything once he caught a glimpse of Cristiano, "Cristiano!" He stood up and extended his arm, "How are you?"

Cristiano let his Nike cladded feet guide him to the front of the Oak desk, he shook the hand tightly and answered, "Very good and you?"

"Good!" The old man said, sitting back on his leather chair. Cristiano stood, unsure of what to do. For the first time in his life, Cristiano was at a loss for words and actions. "Oh, sit! Sit!"

As his butt hit the leather chair, Florentino clasped his arm and set them on the table, "What can I do for you?"

Cristiano gripped his sunglasses a bit tighter and tapped his foot rapidly underneath the table, "Well- uh- umm... I have a bit of a-uh- situation."

Perez leaned a bit closer to the desk and furrowed his brows. If you looked closely enough you could almost see his worry. "Are you alright?" What he meant to say was Are you OK to play?