Chapter 3

6 months later...

Sandhiya was coming back from Chennai after 6 months. She was excited to meet everyone, especially Akshay. She was packing her things to leave for Hyderabad, uff finally my studies are over.. now I can finally open my own clinic.. Malhotra's Eye Clinic.. there is so much work to do.. and Akshay.. I can finally go back to him.. now I'll go and confess to him.. or will he come and confess to me.. he said he will ask the girl after 6 months..

She keeps smiling thinking of Akshay, she was packing her bags, her friend and room mate Maithri looks at her with a teasing smile "Ahemmm Ahemmm.. someone's really happy to go back home.. or to meet someone back home.. tell tell". Sandhiya blushes looking at her "Shut up yaar..", Maithri chuckles "Hmm hmm.. you are excited to meet someone back home.. I know.. I know". She turns even more red blushing "Yaar..", her friend chuckles looking at her "So cute you are.. how many years has this silent courtship of yours is going on".

Sandhiya smiles and sits down on her bed "I really don't know Maithri.. he has always been my crush.. ever since I remember.. he always used to come home with bhai.. ever since my school days.. he would smile at me and that was enough to cause butterflies in my stomach.. I first thought it's just a teenage crush.. and that I shouldn't feel anything for him.. he is my brother's best friend.. no one would approve of it..

And moreover he also used to treat me like a little child when I was small.. he used to tease me just like bhai.. I was the little girl in pigtails for him also.. I thought whatever it was it was only and only from my side.. but his presence was enough to calm me down when I'm tensed.. I really don't know how he comes to know everything I need..

I was preparing for my final exams in my 12th standard.. I wanted to take up the medical field.. I was really tensed.. I was working hard but still I was scared.. and I was ranting everything to Deeksha in a call.. I don't know how he got to know.. he just brought me some chocolates.. and told me "Eat chocolates and then study you will not forget anything.. and don't take so much stress you will do well.. you have been working hard so trust yourself.."

From then on the day before my exams he would get me chocolates and wish me all the best.. that was probably something that made me fall for him even more.. I didn't ask for it from him but still he did it to make me feel better.. that kind of gesture probably can make anyone fall for the person.. and all the feelings that I was trying to bury away resurfaced.. the butterflies in my tummy returned.. but I didn't know what to do of it..

I didn't know if he even felt something for me back then.. he would always smile seeing me.. but that was all!!.. what am I supposed to understand from that.. I didn't know what to do.. I tried to figure out but nothing I got to know.. he would look at me.. he would stare at me.. but not open his mouth and say anything.. then I got admitted in Manipal University for doing my MBBS

But when I went back after completing my UG I saw him again.. after big five years.. I would go for holidays but he didn't come home during those times.. something had changed.. especially in the way he used to look at me.. his stares would be more intense.. his eyes would keep looking at me even while he was with Bhai.. but not even once did he speak up then also..

I thought he isn't speaking up because of Bhai.. but then I heard bhai also teasing him.. Even bhai knew something was up between us.. still he didn't speak up.. Now I understood why he wasn't speaking up.. why he didn't try to talk to me before.. why he maintained distance from me.. he wanted me to study well.. achieve my dream.. not disturb me in between.. I'm happy now.. happy that I'm going back.. this time after achieving my first dream.. becoming an ophthalmologist..