Chapter 4

The Next Morning, Akshay was getting ready to go to the hospital. He felt happy that he was going to see his Dhiya after six months. He goes to the living room and greets his mom and dad smiling "Good morning Maa.. Good morning Papa (dad)", they both smile looking at him "Good Morning Akki".

They three sit down to have breakfast, his mom looks at him "Akki when are you planning to get married beta (child).. see Vishwa and Jay got married.. it's high time my baby.. but you still don't agree for us look for a bride for.. you don't tell us if you have anyone.. what do you want us to do beta..". Akshay just smiles "Have patience Maa.. and your son is not getting so old.. and am I troubling you so much that you want to pack me off with a girl..".

Akshay's Father smiles "I know Akki you are not so old.. we understand beta but others don't.. you have been getting so many proposals.. you don't give a proper reason.. but you keep rejecting all the proposals.. they want to know the reason.. so do we beta.. you give us one valid reason Akshay.. we won't ask you anything after that".

Akshay gives them a smile "Don't worry Papa.. you will get all your answers soon.. till then just keep some patience..". They both just nod without smiling, he looks at them "Smile na.. why are you both looking so grumpy.. don't worry na Mumma.. papa... I will tell you everything soon.. bye I will be late today Maa.. don't wait for me both of you.. have your dinner".

He soon reached the hospital, eager to see Sandhiya. As soon as he reaches the hospital he parks his bike in the parking lot, he enters the hospital and was on his way to his cabin when he sees a cabin being cleaned and a name plate being attached to the door. He looks at the name plate

'Dr.Sandhiya Malhotra M.B.B.S., M.S (Opthalmology)'

He smiles looking at the name plate, Her cabin is on the same floor as mine.. hmm I can see her frequently.. nice. He looks at the white roses in his hand, he smiles and goes to his cabin, he brings a flower vase from his cabin and puts the flowers he had brought for her in the vase. He keeps the vase on her desk and leaves from her cabin smiling.

After sometime Sandhiya enters the hospital, she reports the chief doctor and goes to her cabin. She smiles looking at her name plate "Dr.Sandhiya Malhotra M.B.B.S., M.S.. feels so good reading this..". She goes inside her cabin, a strong musky fragrance hits her nose which reminded her of Akshay.

Did he come to my cabin, she looks at the white roses on her desk and smiles, he has come.. white roses are here.. who else brings it for me other than him. She picks up the roses and inhales their fragrance, she looks around her cabin and in the corridor, where is he.. why didn't he wait to meet me.. why did he leave without seeing me.. probably he had some work.. must be it.

She goes back inside her cabin, just then a nurse comes in "Doctor a patient is here", she smiles "Send the patient in". She gets busy with her patients thinking that she can talk to Akshay soon.

She goes to the cafeteria in the afternoon for lunch. She looks around to see if Akshay is there or not but he was not there. She takes out her phone thinking whether to call him or not, she keeps looking at her phone at his number whether to click the call button or not.

After thinking a lot she clicks on the call button, his phone rings for a minute before he picks it up. She smiles when the ringing stops and she comes to know that he has picked up the phone "Hello". He stays silent not saying anything, she continues "I'm in the cafeteria.. will you come to have lunch now?".

The line goes dead and call gets disconnected, she waits for him to come to the cafeteria. She was scrolling through her phone when she feels someone's presence opposite to her, she looks up to see Akshay "Can I sit here".

Her heart races finally seeing him, she just nods words not forming in her throat. He smiles and sits down opposite to her, tons of butterflies get realised causing a tingling feeling in her stomach, her cheeks turn pink blushing at the feeling.

Akshay's condition was no less, his heart kept thumping hard in his chest seeing her after six months. Her strong rosey fragrance hits his nostrils filling his heart and lungs with her fragrance. The blush that creeps up her cheeks causes his heart to skip a beat.

They both have their lunch, not talking just feeling eachother's presence. Their hearts were soaking in the feeling of being in the presence of each other. Silence has always been their way of communication, their silence always spoke volumes which they themselves couldn't communicate to each other by words.

They soon complete their lunch but still were not ready to leave from the cafeteria leaving eachother but Akshay knew she had to go check her patients. He looks at her and speaks up "Umm.. I need to go.. I have work.. we can meet later", she nods. They both leave back to their respective cabins.

By 5 p.m, both their working hours were over. Sandhiya walks over to Akshay's cabin, she sees him packing his things to leave through the glass door. She knocks on his door only to hear a small 'Come in' from the other side. He doesn't turn around to look at the person who entered and speaks off "Whatever it is can we take it tomorrow.. or if it is too urgent can you speak with Ananya.. I have a long awaited work to complete today".

Sandhiya stays silent, her heart thumps hard again in her chest hearing him say 'long awaited work'. Akshay keeps searching for something when he hears her voice, she takes a deep breath and speaks up "You need some help".

The paper weight which was in his hand slips off from his hand hearing her sweet voice, his heart starts hammering in his chest. He turns around to look at her shocked and realises what he had said "Dhiya.. I.. I.. thought it's some.. someone else..". She smiles "It's okay.. you need some help to search".

He nods and then shakes his head, he bends down to pick up the paper weight that had slipped off his hand. She chuckles a little looking at him getting nervous, the papers which now had no weight on them start flying around.

Sandhiya runs and switches off the fan causing all the papers which were flying to land on the floor. They both pick up all the papers that were lying on the floor, they arrange all the papers on his desk and step aside to switch on the fan.

One of the papers which was lying under the cupboard in his cabin slides out from under the cupboard. Just when Sandhiya and Akshay were about to step out of his cabin, Sandhiya steps on the paper and her leg slips.

Just as she was about to fall down Akshay catches her holding her waist. Her pista green dupatta keeps flying behind her with the air from the fan, she gulps her saliva as he keeps looking into her little dark brown coloured.

He keeps looking deep into eyes as if he is trying to read her heart and soul. Her heart beats hard and fast as if she had run a marathon, she couldn't avert her eyes from his jet black ones. Her whole body keeps tingling and she keeps shivering being in his arms. Her cheeks turn a dark shade of pink with the feeling of him holding her.

Akshay's heart kept fluttering looking at her, his heart was beating a mile per minute holding her in his arms for the first time. Her eyes keep pulling him towards her, urging him to look into the depths of her eyes and find what's in her heart, although he had an idea of what was in her heart.

He keeps looking at her, Dhiya.. my dhiya❤️.. in my arms for the first time.. this is my heaven💖.. I can stay like this forever.. she looks so cute when she is blushing.. and she is blushing because of me❤️.. how many times are you going to make me fall for you dhiya..

He feels her shivering in his arms and comes out of his trance state. He helps her stand properly and looks elsewhere blushing muttering a 'sorry', she too looks elsewhere blushing crimson and mutters 'thank you'.

Sandhiya keeps looking at the ground while Akshay looks at the fan as if they were more interesting than looking at each other. She keeps looking at the ground and mutters "We.. we should la.. leave.. it.. it's getting late", he nods looking everywhere but at her. They both leave from the hospital in Akshay's bike.

2 chapters + Epilogue left💕
Will be completing the short story by this week💖
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini