Chapter 9

A couple of days later, Sandhiya and Akshay's parents meet to fix a date for their engagement and wedding. Their engagement was fixed to be held a week later and the marriage for month and a half later, they were happy when they came to know about the engagement.

Sandhiya was in the hospital when her mom had called and informed her about the dates for the engagement and wedding. She had squealed so loud forgetting about the patient in her room as soon as she heard about the dates. The patient who had been reading the Snellen chart to confirm her eye's power gave her a strange look.

The nurse in her cabin who was assisting her also kept giving her a confused look. Once Sandhiya realised that she is still in the hospital and her patient is sitting there, she smiles sheepishly looking at the patient and the nurse and mutters a "Sorry" to them. She looks back at her phone "Maa I'll talk to you soon", saying which she disconnects the call.

Sandhiya completes her work and goes to Akshay's cabin, she was about to open the door when she remembers what happened a day before when she had opened the door without knocking, she blushes as her mind goes back to that.

Flashback begins...

It was lunch time, Sandhiya had taken her lunch and gone to Akshay's cabin so that they could go to the cafeteria together to have lunch. She opens his cabin door without knocking, just then Akshay had also been standing near the door about to open it.

Just when she puts her hand on the door handle the door gets opened from the other side causing her to loose her balance and stumble. She stumbles and falls on Akshay, he tries to balance himself but with the sudden impact he too looses balance and falls on the floor with Sandhiya on top of him.

Sandhiya had closed her eyes tightly fearing the fall, she opens her eyes shocked when two arms snake themselves around her waist holding in her place. She opens her eyes only to meet Akshay's jet black eyes looking at her.

He keeps staring at her as she turns a dark shade of pink blushing. His heart starts running a marathon having her so close to him. Her heart was in not any less condition, her heart kept thumping hard against her chest.

Her hands were resting on his chest right above his heart, she could feel his heart beats, a small smile forms on her lips feeling his irregular heart beats, she looks at him, he too turns a dark shade of pink blushing.

She tries to get up but his arms around her waist does not let her. She looks at him "Akshay", he keeps looking at her and hums "Hmmm". She looks down blushing "Your hand", he continues to stare at her forgetting that he is still holding her "My hand..".

She keeps looking down "Your hand.. on.. on my waist". Akshay looks down and removes his arms from her waist and looks away smiling sheepishly. Sandhiya stands up and also helps Akshay to stand. They both keep looking elsewhere blushing, they both say "Sorry" at the same time and end up laughing

Flashback ends...

Sandhiya knocks on his cabin door, she hears a 'come in' from the other side. She enters inside his cabin, he looks at her "Dhiya sit down.. just a few minutes.. I'll come". She sits down wondering whether or not he knew about their engagement and wedding date.

She keeps looking at him as he continues to type something in his laptop, does he know that it's our engagement a week later.. how is he so calm.. I'm so excited.. I can't stop myself from being excited.. probably he doesn't know about it yet.. then I'll tell him about our wedding dates..

He completes his work and closes his laptop, he looks at her, she keeps smiling brightly looking at him "What happened Dhiya.. such a bright smile on your face". She looks at him "Our engagement and wedding dates are fixed.. engagement is after a week.. and wedding after a month and half".