Chapter 7

Sandhiya was still looking at him expecting him to break his silence but when he doesn't do that even after 15 minutes of her confession, her face falls. She takes her hand out of his hold and turns away from him showing her back to him, her eyes well up with tears, she takes a step forward to leave but just the she feels a tug on her dupatta.

She thinks that probably her dupatta again got stuck to his watch and turns around to free it. But when she turns around she sees Akshay holding her dupatta. She looks at him, her eyes filled with tears "Akshay it's okay.. it's not necessary that you reciprocate what I feel for you.. I thought.. probably I imagined a lot.. it's my mistake.. forget it..".

He keeps looking at her "Nothing is a mistake Dhiya.. you didn't imagine anything..". She looks at him as he takes a step forward towards her "Everything that you thought is completely true.. I don't think there is any other explanation for the way I was behaving in front of you.. else you think Vishu would have ever thought of teasing me with you or you with me.."

She keeps trying blink back her tears looking at him while he takes a step closer to her again "Dhiya.. there is so much I want to tell you.. so much my heart has held in.. probably a little less than what your heart held.. but still there is so much inside my heart.. waiting to unveil.. it's a longing of 8+ years Dhiya.."

Her tears were gone by now, a light smile her lips and a blush had occupied her cheeks as he continues to stare at her, this time without any hindrance or any hesitation. Akshay pulls her little closer holding her hand, she stumbles a little closer to him.

His left hand was holding her right hand while his right hand cupping her left cheek. She shivers a little at the contact of his hand with her cheek. He bends down to her height, her breathe hitches as his breathe fans over her nose. He leans in closer and presses his lips to her forehead, leaving a soft and lingering kiss on her forehead.

She shivers a bit at the contact, then closes her eyes feeling at bliss with his kiss on her forehead, her heart gets filled with the warmth feeling his kiss. He had communicated everything he wanted to tell her through that one kiss.

He backs off from her still holding her hand, he keeps looking at her smiling. Her heart keeps fluttering with his continuous gaze, she keeps looking down feeling too shy to look at him. He kneels down in front her, her eyes widens to the size of tennis balls seeing him kneeling in front of her.

He looks at her, his heart keeps thumping hard thinking about what he is going to do. He takes in a deep breathe and looks at her "Dhiya.. I know I'm not as expressive as you are.. I have a lot to tell you but I don't know when I will be able to express it to you.. right now I want to ask you only one question.. Will you marry me Dhiya?"

She looks at him shocked as he pulls out a white rose from his pocket with his free hand "I haven't bought a ring or something.. but I hope this rose is fine with you". She keeps looking at him shocked as he keeps kneeling down looking at her "Dhiya say something..".

She kneels down in front of him and takes the rose from his hand "This is more than enough for me Akshay.. you may not have expressed everything explicitly.. all this that you said and did implies what you feel for me.. I'm more than happy with this.. and this white rose that you give me all the time means the world to me".

Akshay smiles looking at her "But the answer to my question Dhiya". She looks down blushing "I.. I will ma.. marry you Aa.. Akshay". She holds his hand with both her hands and kisses his knuckles smiling and blushing and whispers "I love you Akshay".

His heart flutters as she kisses his knuckles, he turns a bright shade of pink blushing, he looks elsewhere blushing. He puts his other hand over hers and pulls her hand closer to his lips and softly kisses the back of her hand "I.. I.. love you too Dhiya".