The Devil Wears Prada~Male Cruella x Reader

Requested by the lovely and ever-patient: @imterrifiedithink

"Miss (Y/N), your meeting with Cruella is to be rescheduled... the President... is busy with other obligations." The trembling secretary's head bowed low. Her uniform, vest over a blouse with a black and white spotted tie to match, the trademark of the company. With her hair tied so impeccably neat into a bun, you stifled a laugh. Perhaps this was another of Cruella's difficult demands. All you saw walking in the building a few hours ago had been rushing frantic white and black ties and perfectly combed hair. You sipped the tea that was placed with quite the assortment of sweets that the secretaries refused to let go cold, coming by every few minutes to replace or replenish anything. It was quite fine for you to be pampered like so but this was all too much. You sighed, standing well over the lady that had been remarkably patient with your heels and already dominating height. "Obligations, how delightful. Last he said something of the sort he was arguing with someone over their use of real animal fur in their clothing line."

Despite the many rumors of Cruella being the animal abuser, you saw the man cuddle his dalmatian when the two of you were merely university students and intern colleagues together, and despite conspiracy theories of the black and white theme of the entire company being a hint or two on real animal fur, you knew it was just from his obsession over his dog he loves to pamper. You had plenty of blackmail footage of his baby talk but that was for use on a later date. "N-no ma'am I assure you he is very busy, I can write down any message you have for him!"

"Child, we have email and technology for a reason now."

"O-oh I-I'm very sorry ma'am I wasn't thinking." Before she could throw herself into yet another apologetic bow you sighed and patted her head carefully.

"I only meant that so you wouldn't have to run around doing silly chores for the lazy man himself, here, you and the other secretaries help yourself to all these snacks. They were very delicious but you all brought so many! Now no buts! Go on! I'll go find your president myself, see you, my dear!"

Taking your coat and draping it across your shoulders you dusted off your pants from pastry crumbs and smiled one last time before leaving down the familiar hall you used to go to. Maneuvering your way across the halls is stylishly designed with elegance and is still magnificent to gaze upon if you weren't just the smallest bit ticked off by Cruella. Stepping out of the elevator you knocked on the door, once, twice, and three times with no response. Taking a deep inhale you entered the password on the keypad, Cruella's beloved dog Darling's birthday. The door slid open after a brief register and you stepped into Cruella simultaneously taking a call and sketching furiously on a paper. He seemed quite pissed off but you waited a bit until he fiercely slammed his phone onto his desk. Leaning back against his chair with his hand covering his eyes in exasperation.

"So, what's got you so worked up today."

Peeking through his fingers with no sign of shock, Cruella just huffed in response.
"The deal I was trying to settle didn't work. Apparently, he refuses to work with me for arbitrary reasons."

"Intriguing, like what."

"My unprofessionalism-my dyed hair for one or my works being too out there."

"Speaking of your hair, it's a mess."

"That's clearly not the point here."
"Well, your employees all have impeccable hair so it is a shame their own boss can't uphold their own company standards."

"I never demanded them to! They just assumed that I demanded it, ugh why are you here?"

"Well the obvious, obviously you missed Anita and Roger's dinner appointment and three, THREE of my hangouts with you. No calls or texts or even a sign that you're alive for weeks now. I was beginning to think you were kidnapped but here you are arguing with senile businessmen that aren't worth your time. You are clearly lacking a break and I am here, on Anita and Roger's commands to get you out and into the sun."