The Artist and the Mermaid~male Ariel x Reader

Requested by 0SleepIsUnderated0
Male Ariel = Aaron
Fluff then Angst
Art is definitely not mine

You sighed, scratching your head as you struggled to sketch a piece you were working on. You were trying to draw a mermaid but clearly things weren't going so well. You just couldn't get the tail right. There was something about it that just didn't seem right to you. Frustrated you set the paper and pile of random color pencils and markers aside, tucking you're favorite pencil behind your ear before standing up from the rock you sat on.

Salty air fills your nose as you face the ocean, refreshing air blew at your face as (Y/H/C) hair danced around. The dress you were wearing billowed out behind you as you brought paint stained hair up to view creating a potrait with your hands in two opposite Ls.

The ocean you thought was so incredibly breathtaking. Quickly turning around to see if anyone was around this particularly isolated part of the beach before you jumped off the rock you'd always sat on when you came here to draw like you did with your Papa all those years ago. Checking one more time around you giggled before breaking into a twirl while softly humming a tune to the song you knew so well.
"Tides move the heart
In the place where you keep me
Hold me close where the tides are
I want to stay in your heart
Til the tides are gone
Crashing waves fall and take over
My body seems to move towards you
My love crashing down-"
"Oof I'm getting dizzy." Plopping yourself down on the Sandy Beach not minding the grit that attached itself to your dress. Sticking one feet towards the sand you pulled out the sandwich from the basket you had filled with the days lunch and your art supplies.

You sat there chewing and simply enjoying the sound of seagulls and the combined symphony that the waves and winds put together seemingly just for you and you alone on the part of the beach only you had knew. You smiled and laughed at yourself and your mindless thoughts.
"Woah this is really good!" An unfamiliar voice invaded the symphony that you were enjoying. It was a pretty voice. One that seemingly could he from an angel. You turned your head towards the voice, it was a man with bright red hair - unlike any you've ever seen. It reminded you of the leaves in autumn. He was very handsome and...topless.
'Shit (Y/N) he's topless stop staring at his toplessness!' You covered your lantern face at your own thoughts.

"Oh I'm so sorry for invading you're space. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you with the sudden compliment! I just thought this was really good! It's a mermaid right?" He asked with cheeriness in his voice.
Oh God you were glad he didn't realize why you were actually blushing.
"No-no it's okay I was just surprised at your arrival since nobody really comes here." You stood up from where you sat and walked to near where he was.
You scooted a bit farther though as he was still a stranger and you weren't really good with them.
"I don't really like it though," Referring to the drawing.
"Oh why not?" He asked.
"Beacause I feel like the tail isn't right. It's weird though- mermaids aren't even real so why do I think it doesn't look real enough. The colors work well though. I think I have to fix the shading. But ooh! The hair in her is nice, I wish my hair were that flowy haha I think-" You paused oh no (Y/N) what were you thinking ranting in front of a stranger about all your stupid drawing things. No one wants to hear that.
"Why did you stop?" the stranger asked concerned written on his face.
"No- I was just- I... I'm sorry for ranting, most people don't like it when I rant." You looked down playing with your hands. 'Great job (Y/N) just great! You just HAD to be yourself huh?'
"What?" He asked in disbelief. "I liked hearing you talk it was the first real conversation I had in a long time."

You looked at him, his eyes looked so sad and distant. You wanted to give him a hug but he was still in the water and you were sitting on the rock plus the fact you two had just met.
"Hey I could help you with the tail problem..."
"Hmm oh you draw?!"
"No...but- I...promise to not scream okay?"
"What do you mean-"