Chapter 8 Father Daughter Reunion

Chapter 8

Father Daughter Reunion

“Those pirates were cursed with immortality so they could provide more souls for the Dutchman!” Davy Jones bellowed, slamming his claw against the table. “If they keep burning every ship to a crisp then I will not gain any souls.”

“And what do you want me to do about it, Davy Jones,” I asked, sitting on a chair, resting my head on my hand, trying to conceal my exasperation.

“Go to them, reason with them, threaten them. I don’t care how you do it,” Jones ordered. “Just make sure they provide me with more souls.”

“What makes you think they will listen to me? I was the one who cursed them, remember?”

He turned his gaze directly at me. “You gave them eternal life, the ability to attack their enemies without fearing death. Besides, Captain Barbossa is your father. Surely, he will listen to you.”

“I doubt that,” I muttered recalling his last expression as I left the Pearl. I then thought of something and stated more confidently, “Maybe the problem is not the crew of the ship, but the captain. Perhaps if we were to put a different captain on the Pearl, things will go more our way.”

He raised his eyebrow. “Anyone particular you have in mind?”

“Perhaps the man who offered you his soul to be captain of the Black Pearl, as oppose to the man who was tricked into it by his ambitious wife.”

Jones pounded his claw furiously against the table where I sat. “NO! Not Jack Sparrow! He would be even worse.”

“You don’t know that for sure,” I protested. “Maybe he would…”

Before I could finish, Davy Jones grabbed my shoulders, lifting me up and slamming me against the walls of the ship. “I said no!”

“Okay, I get it,” I agreed softly. “I’ll go to the Black Pearl and talk to Captain Barbossa.”

He released me. “Good.”

I had grown so accustomed to his violent outbursts this did not at all take me by surprise. I suppose I should know by now to just do what he says in the first place rather than try to argue. Reluctantly, I prepared to make my way to the Black Pearl.

I was sent on a lifeboat near the Pearl. As I floated, I turned me head, watching the Dutchman sink below sea level. Not bothering to be discrete, I climbed up onto the ship, landing both feet on deck firmly. Upon my arrival, Barbossa, who stood by the wheel, instantly pulled out his gun pointing it directly at me.

Unalarmed, I sneered, “Now, is that any way to greet your own daughter?”

“Aurora?” He lowered his gun, but did not seemed pleased to see me. “I should have known it was you. What do you want?”