Chapter 9 My Plan For Freedom

Chapter 9

My Plan for Freedom

Tortuga seemed to be exactly the same as I remember it, filled with drunken men singing, laughing, and rioting. Men foolishly flirted with every large busted woman they came to meet. People stood up on tables sloppily playing fiddles while singing completely off key. One fiddle player I passed by did not seem to be singing the same song he played on his instrument.

When I spotted Jack Sparrow I experienced déjà vu. There he was against the same wall passionately kissing a woman, only this time she had red hair.

I strutted over to them. Neither of them noticed the sound from my boots steps coming close to them.

I spoke boldly, “Jack Sparrow. I need to speak with you.”

“In a moment,” Jack muttered barely glancing at me. “Unless of you would like to join us.”

The woman playfully smacked his chest. “Jack!”

They then resumed their passions. I rolled my eyes as the little patience I contained evaporated.

“Jack!” I stammered. “We need to talk now!”

“Jack,” The woman panted in between kisses. “Who is this woman?”

Before he could answer, I firmly declared, “I’m his wife.”

At an instant, the woman jerked away from him in fury. “You never told me you had a wife!”

“I don’t have a wife,” Jack protested, glancing at me, befuddled.

“Well, clearly you do!”

“Scarlet…” Jack began, but before he could say anything more, she slapped him right across the face and stormed off, fire seeming to flame from her hair.

He then swung around to face me. “You, my dear…”

“Yes, I know,” I interrupted abruptly at a rapid pace. “I ruined your moment and you will never be able to get it back. Now, let’s move on.”

He gazed upon me even more oddly. “Have we met?”

“Yes, a little less than ten years ago,” I reminded him. “We were in a similar situation when I, well ruined your moment.”

He grinned and smoothly strolled over towards me. “Well then, perhaps this time around, you can make it up to me.” He waved his hand around my breasts. “I see you’ve grown up to be quite a bit more womanly.”

I snatched his hand. “I will make it up to you, but not like that.”

“You’re with Davy Jones, are you not?” Jack recalled. “Perhaps you can get him to forget about that little deal we made years ago.”