Chapter 13 The Nightmare Returns

Chapter 13

The Nightmare Returns

“Jack is going to seek you out, I’m sure of it,” I informed Jones, my voice filled with pride.

Davy Jones stood by his organ, tapping his claw against the top of it. His eyes seemed to look past me, as he considered my proposed plan.

“How did you manage to convince Jack Sparrow to come to me?” He demanded in a suspicious tone.

“There is something he wants he believes to be on this very ship,” I explained, strolling closer to him.

“Really?” He raised his eyebrow. “And what might that be?”

I lifted my chin, looking directly into his eyes. “Your heart.”

His claws stroked his tentacles. “Interesting, and he bought it, would you say?”

I nodded.

Davy Jones removed his claw from his organ and gently stroked my cheek. “How could I ever believe you would betray me?”

I smiled as best I could. “I just hope you never doubt me again.”

As I left Davy Jones alone with his thoughts over my supposed plan, I sighed. The truth was I told Jack the key was on the Dutchman. I knew he never believe the heart itself to be here. Neither of us knows exactly where the heart is located but I do know it is buried on an island. Jack claims his compass will direct him to it. As for the key, only Jones himself knows where it is. It could possibly be somewhere hidden on ship. There is no one here Davy Jones trusts with knowledge of the key’s whereabouts, even me, or well especially me.

To be honest, I really have no idea why I told Jack the key was here and then lied to Jones and said heart. I guess a part of me still hopes that perhaps the key could be here and Jack will find it and somehow manage to free us both of the bounds of the Dutchman. Logic told me this was too far fetched. Even if by some miracle Jack did find the key here, getting off the ship to seek out the chest would be a whole other project, even more impossible. I really do not know what I expect to happen now. For all I know, Jack could have seen right through my plan and not try to come here at all. If that be the case, I just hope Davy Jones does not hold me accountable.

xXx

The moon shined brightly straight above as I watched the Kraken tear down our most recent victims. Now that it had finished, I alone went to what was left of the ship to seek out recruits. This ship appeared to be almost sliced in half as water seeped in from the middle. Most people left alive hid when they saw me, the ones that noticed my presence at least. One sailor, I saw, was desperately trying to draw up the sail that was no longer there, as though he were expecting it to go up.

Everything seemed as it should, until something, or someone for that matter caught my eye. On the top deck of this ship, there stood a man, a man that was not here before. Where could he have come from? As I started to approach him, I momentarily thought it was Bootstrap but upon reaching closer I saw this man was much younger.