forehead

"Silence," the teacher demanded at once, slamming his hand onto the whiteboard upfront. "Section I, as this new school year starts, we have a few transferees to introduce themselves." he resumes his once interrupted speech due to the loudmouths.

"Kindly proceed please," he states, giving the signal for the transferees to enter the classroom. 

Protagonist's

Finally, it was my turn—my palms sweaty as fuck and my voice felt like it was about to just dissolve inside my throat. I took one big breath before walking through the doorway, hands in my jacket's pockets as one strap of my bag loses its grasp on my right shoulder.

Taking a hand out of my pocket and coughing to adjust my voice; "Good day sir and to each and everyone, name's Lovi Lee. I hope to make great acquaintances throughout the year." I speak up, filled with confidence before bowing lightly and hastily leaving the center of attention to take a seat on my assigned area.

Once I've settled down and chinned up, I notice their eyes still peeled on me even though a different transferee's taking the stage. I gulp as a reaction, traveling my eyes around the room. Yep, they are in fact still looking; some were even talking to others as they steal glances from me. 

I raise my brows, close my eyes, and sigh deeply. I swear I'm not even that pretty like, what's going on?

pf

That's when I realize that I had unconsciously muttered my last thought. I turn my body to the source of that little snort and saw a rather familiar pair of green eyes; it was the inconvenience from earlier.

With my head resting on my left palm, I turn my attention fully to him to stare him down. Well, not really at him but at his forehead; what was it so wide and smooth for?

"pf," I stifle a laugh back mockingly as I move my stare from his wideass forehead and onto his face. He had this look of 'I've been violated' on his face and it seemed like he wanted to speak but just couldn't because of the introductions upfront. A quite familiar dude with a beard then proceeded to pat his back like he knew what just happened. 

"Now that everyone's got their places, let's proceed with an activity to get the class to be more familiar with each other." our homeroom teacher says, catching everyone's attention again. It's true, the classroom's filled with tension mostly towards the transferees, or—I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or what—mainly towards me. Maybe, this activity can help break this damn awkwardness.

"Kindly pass this paper and distribute it around. Then, proceed to write your name on that paper." the teacher instructs the class as I write down; 'Lovi Lee'.

"Everyone ready? Now then, when I say pass, you must pass the paper to the person by your side, every pass, you shall write something for the owner of that paper, understood?" This works out too, I guess this can help me understand whatever wrong I did to attract this unnecessary attention.

--

"pass," the teacher finally said for the last time and our papers were back right at us. Just in time, the bell rang, signaling for a break. "After your break, we will proceed to discuss your books and subjects." he announced before finally letting us leave the room. It's homeroom for all of today since it's only just the first day.

I stand up whilst grabbing my things, especially the paper. I could feel someone trying to catch my attention but I had already plugged in my headphones, too bad.

♫ bad news by LANY - playing

I absentmindedly skim through my paper, rolling my way through the hallways slowly and onto an open area—the grass field of the campus. 

"So basically, they despise me for disrespecting their king aka wideass forehead dude." I conclude to myself, sitting on the table near the greenery.