notes

Protagonist's

♫ Panoramic by ACADEMY, Jackson Breit - playing

I've been missing since the weekend, asked myself, 'what are you thinking' no reply— 

"—no surprise," I jam to my music, balancing on my rollers as I skate through the now familiar campus, catching sight of a friendly wave for me. "Piooonaaa~" I call out in a slightly raspy, monotone voice—it's currently six o'clock in the morning and I'm tired, okay.

Extending my arm, I halt my brakes as I greet her back simply, collapsing on the bleachers next to her.

"Quizzes are the worst," she complains as she hands me her neat reviewer. "Damn, you're the best," I let out in awe as I proceed to skim through the paper. "C'mon, ask me some questions!" she cheers, trying to wake my soul up.

"Aight well," "What is the purpose of Republic Act 9512?" "Promoting environmental awareness through education for other purposes." This went on for a moment before a certain someone interrupted the peace.

"BUDDY!!" yelled none other than Stephen Curry from below and a couple of steps away, waving his arms whilst smiling in our direction. My body immediately tensed up as my soul seemed to leave my body, aggressively running laps around the quadrangle.

Why must he attract so much attention. . . ?

Piona and I both eyed his every move and step towards our spot on the bleachers; specifically with shocked and weirded-out expressions. "Here, for the two of you," he says as he's finally in front of us. We robotically grab onto the offered bottles of iced coffee as he welcomes himself next to me, sipping his drink.

"Curry, how much?" We finally break the way we've been staring him down as I gesture the drink to him, catching his attention. "No need, take it as my sorry for yesterday. . ." to which Piona gives me a discreet teasing look, slowly turning around back to her book and away from us, who were seated on the bleachers a level above her.

Right, yesterday. . .That really dangerous side of this guy. . .

I slap the cold container of coffee on my right cheek as I exhale loudly, getting yesterday's thoughts out of my head. "You startle me. . ." he says with a tiny chuckle, to which I swear my cheeks have gone flushed red.

This is bad. . .

Clearing my throat, I practically smacked a string notebook his way. "Here, we have two quizzes today: history and chemistry." "fuck I didn't kno—" 

Silence. . .

"What?" I asked since his sudden stop and silence bothered me a bit. "I suggest you study history first since that comes first in the sched." I add on, still not understanding his stop in tracks.

A playful smirk makes its way onto his face as my brows furrow in response. "What is it? Are my notes a mess?" I say, reaching for the notebook, to which he moves away, seemingly protecting it. "nope," "then—" I lose my voice, catching a glimpse of his smirk slowly turning into a sweet smile, freezing me right there and then as he turns around, his back facing me. "Don't interfere with my review time."

--

Stephen's

I had purposely gone to school extra early today, not even being able to go with my boys to make up for leaving the girl hanging yesterday. It couldn't be helped; I was stuck in the court, and before I knew it, the sun had sunk and the campus was as good as empty.

It just so happened that we were having quizzes today,

Ringgggg

And that's the end of classes. . .

"Alright class, remember to revise pages 230 up to—" teach blabbers endlessly as my eyes wander around the room. Both quizzes had gone by, and all I could think about while answering my paper was Lee's cute handwriting and neat design in her notes. 

She even uses my melody and hello kitty stickers. . .

I rest my head on the table as I stuff my face inside my arms, trying to control my about-to-burst laughter.

"class dismissed," the long-awaited phrase had finally escaped our teacher's mouth, earning a bunch of sighs from my classmates.