love

"Here's the 'something' I told you about."

His brows perk up in interest, wandering his eyes all over her.

"Wh—" Just as he was about to ask her, he starts hearing her clearly—way too clear for real life.

♫ Love by Justin Vasquez, covered by Lovi - playing

Strum

If you got sum' to say, baby say it now

There's no need to hide a thing, boy just let it out

I've been looking at your eyes and I know something's up

Just tell me what you want to say, baby open up 

They stay walking arm in arm and eye to eye, seemingly lost in each other's presence.

♫ You know that I have liked you for a while

You know that I can't go a day without your smile

You know that you are all I want

It's always been you, so—

A smile creeps up her face as she turns to face upfront, her dark eyes looking their liveliest.

♫ Baby we could try something out; baby boy just give me your hand

She bops her head to the beat, eyeing the boy from time to time, who has his mouth slightly agape.

♫ I'd really love to trust somebody who can trust me

I'd really love to love a lover who can love me

It wasn't long till he finally broke into a smile, bopping his head along with her.

♫ Boy if it's cool with you, I will not waste your time

Tell me what you want me to do, 'cause I wanna make you mine

They seem to have already made their way out of the university, but nothing stops the two as he follows her lead.

She coughs, adjusting her voice before parting from the boy, skipping in front of him, and heading to the middle of the empty street. He removes the right headphone from his ear, paying attention.

♫ "Tell me what it is you want, tell me what it is I've gotta do to prove all the feelings that I'm feeling boo." She raps playfully, practically shouting the lyrics to the boy.

"You and I both know that the feelings that I'm feeling for you was the way that you feeling too." A laugh escapes his lips, soft hues of pink filling his cheeks.

"I'm not crazy, but baby, you make me smile so much~ I'm not crazy, but baby, I'm gone from a single touch from you!"  She comically points at him, as if blaming him for hurting her mouth from all the smiling.

"I'm a different girl now, better than before, you're the boy that I wanna be kissing~ And holdin' and lovin' every single day." She makes her way towards him, tilting her head slightly to the side.

"I like you, you like me, so I'm just wonderin'. . ." She stops a few inches away from him, waiting patiently for an answer.

He removes her headphones off completely, resting it around his neck.

The chorus of the tune slightly leaks out due to the silence, with leaves rustling as a cold breeze swishes by.

"That was the cutest fucking shit ever. . ." he admits before pulling her close and engulfing her into a big hug. "HNG—DON'T YOU DARE, STEPHEN." But her warning was too late, the boy had already lifted her up, laughing whilst spinning around.

"I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU I HATE—" she was cut off once again, this time by a white speck of dust falling from above. Snow? She thought to herself, finally giving in and hugging him back by the neck, burying her face into his chest.

She smiles against his bomber jacket, hearing the music of two hearts beating loudly.

Soon after, several tiny white dots fall from under the blue sky, bringing even greater cold. He parts from her, gently putting her down before cupping her pinkish cheeks, placing a sweet kiss on her lips. With that, cold was simply a myth with the warmth they were sharing.

--

It was a high school setting in which the popular and almighty basketball team's captain—Stephen—becomes not only under, but also completely in love with—Lovi—the transfer student.

And it looks like it'll stay like that for a very, very, long time. . .

Thank you for reading "Under"

end.