earpiece

Twitch

Her dark eyes showed a hint of annoyance, but mostly disbelief towards the papers upfront. Meanwhile, he could only scratch the back of his head whilst letting out a shaky chuckle, feeling quite uncomfy with the energy.

It wasn't long until she let out a 'hng' sound as her shoulders dropped along with her hold on his papers.

The guy across leaned over with a quite playfully scrunched face. ". . .Is it that bad?"

Protagonist's

". . .Is it that bad?" I almost let out a screech in response.

IS HE FOR REAL—

He leans back on his chair, snatching his quiz papers back and examining them whilst pursing his lips. "I made the 50 percent cut though," he says as he looks back up at me from the papers with a puzzled look.

"Are you—HHH" I'm at a loss for words, facepalming so hard it sounded like a really bad slap on the face. Just the thought that his standard on a quiz is getting 50 percent makes me shiver.

This is going to be a long day. . .

--

Some time had passed—lots and lots of explaining, especially with the fact that the actual goal in quizzes is the 80 percent cut. For now, we revised some arithmetic as I struggled over his chicken scratch handwriting the entire time.

"Ay Curry, you completely messed up this one problem," I call out, removing my left earpiece as I face him.

Mariposa (acoustic) by Peach Tree Rascals - playing

He had fallen asleep. . .

My scolding voice has gone completely silent as I loosen up, gazing at his features.

I can't wait for you to come my way I've been far away 

His seemingly curly lashes, bushy brows, and perfectly unperfect skin, just resting—no playful smirk, no expression to annoy me.

Subconsciously, my pointy finger starts to reach out on its way to boop his tiny, pointy nose.

But I'll keep runnin'

He suddenly shifts in his sleep as his eyes slowly flutter open, my reaching hand that was about to poke him smoothly segways, going towards his ear as I put the earpiece in his ear.

Gulp.

That was close. . .

He lets out a small 'o' as he gets up from resting his head on the table to prompting it on his palm, making eye contact with me.

Just to find a way to you till then. . .

His green eyes still drowsy as he just stares at me with slowly blinking eyes. I could tell he was tired and I quickly start to feel bad. Man's an athlete and also a student, maybe I've been too harsh on him.

"I'll quickly finish this up so you can go," I state, finally taking my eyes off him as I proceed to scribble down the things I wanted to explain on his wrong solution instead.

Stephen's

My eyes slowly widen as I continue staring at her, suddenly I'm awake.

Quickly getting up from my seat, I run to the vending machine, "Soya milk or choco. . . ?" I think hard but in the end, just got both. "Whichever she likes, she takes, ez." I mumble to myself, grabbing both bottles as I spiritually gave myself a pat on the back. 

Walking and hopping to the beat of the playful song she has on, I make my way back to our table. "buddy~" I singsong as I approach her figure who was finally tidying things up.

Catching her attention and making her face me, I hold both cold bottles up her face, squishing her cheeks with them, not forgetting to let out a small 'pf' afterwards.

Cutie. . .

Her eyes quickly turn into an annoyed half-lidded one as she grabs the choco milk off me. "thanks," she mutters, sliding her bag on before walking off.

Catching up to her, I open my drink and chug on it as we walk side by side on the university's pathways. "This is where you told me I was a roadblock." I point out, lightly chuckling at the thought. "'Cause you were, and you still are." she retorts back as she huffs my way playfully.

"Can't help it that I'm famous." I say, shrugging as I walk backwards and ahead of her to show my expression.

Hoping she would at least chuckle, she presses onto her skates as she goes ahead of me, crossing her arms and playfully sticking her tongue out.

"ayee~ no fair," I complain as my legs start to give up on catching up to her. Chugging the last drop of soya milk, I separate my way from her to toss it in the trash nearby.

"I'll go ahead!" she exclaims from afar, skating backwards as I gesture in response, shooing her off and pretending not to care. Her figure got smaller and smaller until she was finally off into the distance.

I grip my duffel bag, walking out the campus. The sweet and calming slow beats fade away as I reach out to my left ear, detaching the earpiece from me.

Her black earpiece resting on my palm as I stare at it with a tiny smile, holding it like some piece of gem all the way home.

--

srry this part took a little while, our wifis been cut off every midnight and thats when all my creative juices come out to write; its fixed now so finally i get to publish 🏋️‍♀️