mission

Protagonist's

BEEP

The sound of the busy road snaps me out of my thoughts, leaving me more determined than usual.

That's right, today I have a special mission. . .

A mission on getting that guy—Curry's—picture.

I make a turn near the university's gates, bowing to the guards lightly before speeding through the scanner.

Curry curry curry~

The voice in my head repeated whilst I looked around, and sure enough, it wasn't that hard to spot the usual crowded area. I press on my brakes, disabling my rollers as I walk carefully, trying to blend in.

I sneak a peek between two people upfront; there's Draymond, Klay, and—ha, where is he?

I tried to look even further, but before I could even squish myself through, I was lifted up by my backpack. My eyes shot wide open, "What're you doing?" I didn't even need to turn around to know who this annoying creature was.

"What do YOU think you're doing?" I warned, looking back sharply and striking him a glare. One of the things I hate the most has got to be someone picking me up like this just because of my small build.

"Helping you out so you don't get crushed—again," he says as if reminding me, still carrying me around like that as he gets me out of the crowd, finally putting me back on my own two feet. My arms crossed, eyeing him, completely ticked off.

". . .You're welcome?" he shrugs before walking away. I let out a small 'tch' sound before relaxing my tensed body and following right behind him.

I exhale, my shoulders dropping as I look at the ground. He abruptly stops, causing me to bump right against his back. "ARAY, WHAT THE FUCK?" (aray is the same as ouch) I curse at him, rubbing my nose. "Why are you following me?" he turns around and asks, completely skeptical.

"WHY NOT? WE GO TO THE SAME CLASS!" I lash out, completely pissed off. "Oh, right. . ." he trails off, rubbing his nape, looking at me warily. He turns back around and walks ahead as I still follow closely behind, huffing and puffing.

This fucking guy never fails to annoy me I thought to myself as I stood still, contemplating on abandoning this stupid mission.

Swish

The sound of his jacket rustling interrupts my thoughts, causing me to jump back to reality as I stare blankly at the bottle of chocolate milk right in front of my face. "Stop zoning out and grab it already." he says, tilting his head to enter my field of sight. "okay, thanks," I mutter lowly but still loud enough for him to hear, taking the bottle from his hand. "'kay, let's go"

Sweet

I gulp it down, unsure whether it was the choco or him. . .

--

"Alright class, I'll be sending a copy of this presentation to your student canvas, you're all now dismissed." The whole classroom let out a sigh in unison as some punched, threw, and cried over their calculus textbook. 

Not me though, this shit expensive as fuck. . .

Walking towards the back of the class to put my books on the shelves, I hear a familiar cry for help.

"LOVI, HELP," I look back to see Piona sprinting, eyes legitimately about to cry. "Just how do you solve this part!?" she whines, leaving me no choice but to show her the solutions in my book.

"So basically, you read the graph from the right, then from the left; if they're the same, then that's the limit, and if they're not, then the limit does not exist." I explained the problem simply, causing her to face finally light up. "THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!" she gets pretty excited, snapping a photo of my solutions for future studies.

A photo. . .

Now that's a problem even harder than math.

I sigh at the thought, catching her attention. "Something troubling you?" she asks, her voice laced with concern. "Ah, it's nothing big." I scratched my head, gazing at Curry for a while. Her eyes followed mine, immediately sending me a teasing look, her brows dancing up and down.

My eyes go back to her—I looked so done. "Not you too. . ."

"Whatever, I'll leave now so you can enjoy study dating—I mean, tutoring." she coughs repeatedly, carrying out a goal that is to annoy me. "Yes, goodbye to you too." I say apathetically, dragging myself back to my desk to gather my things and leave.

As I was zipping up my bag, a shadow casts over me. I look up, sliding my backpack on as I stare at him, only for his eyes to be covered by his hat's visor.

My face immediately scrunched up, feeling wronged by the view. "Let's go together; my coach didn't page me today, unlike last ti—" Before he could even finish his sentence, I tip-toed, reaching for the tip of his hat, and turning it around, just like it always has been.

There, his signature green eyes finally revealed themselves, looking even better than usual with a ray of sunlight over them. 

He stares at me blankly as I bravely pull out my phone.

"pretty," I blurted out, causing his eyes to widen a little before snapping a photo.