call

holysht i just like died idk i went mia on this book and forgot its existence ok but suddenly rmbrd it again so here you go

--

Protagonist's

Bzz

Just when I thought this would be a peaceful rest day. . .

Weekends had started and I was given no time to slack; right from the very moment I opened my eyes, I was already bombarded with messages from one and only, Stephen forehead Curry.

Seriously, who wouldn't be haggard when the very first thing that greets my eye is his good morning and an immediate question about schoolwork?

"He's taking this very seriously. . ." I grumpily let out as I munch on my honey stars cereal, bags beneath my pair of exhausted eyes as I stare at our chat.

"how abt this one" he asks as I could only sigh at the sight of him sending me a badly photographed math problem. "h" I messaged back, representing the way I am so done with him already.

This went on for the next hours or so, the sun had already set and he would still pester me about questions from time to time.

I look up from my desk and to the wall clock; 6:00pm, it read.

I huff and puff as I punch my backbone repeatedly in an attempt to soothe and massage it whilst stretching here and there.

I reach for my phone out of habit as I stare at it; no new messages.

"oi i need to go do smth so i might not be able to reply anymore for today"

"bai"

I sent out, tossing my phone to the side, not even waiting for a response as I hurriedly grabbed clothes and a towel.

To think that I even had to excuse myself to him, that's how much we've been chatting today.

--

"End it, end it!" Ken repeatedly says as we push through the enemy's towers; destroying even the inner ones as they were left with nothing but their base.

Everything was going smoothly till—

Shutdown

It displays as Jewel—the team's core—died on the enemy's base whilst fighting.

"Wait. . . THE GAME HASN'T ENDED!?" Realization hit hard as almost everyone proceeded to exclaim; the enemy's base was hanging on for dear life.

"O my fuck, their base is literally one sneeze away." I complain whilst initiating the attack on the side lane with Mira supporting me, especially with crowd control. We managed to attract the attention of the enemy's core; it's all or nothing.

"KENNETH, END!" we all screamed at the top of our lungs,

Shutdown

Double kill

It says on the screen as Mira and I both die at the hands of the opponent's core. 

The screen slowly pans to their base, showing our team's marksman slowly but surely chipping off the very last life of their base.

Victory

"LET'S. FUCKING. GOOO!"

Screams off of adrenaline and serotonin once again erupted the voice chat as my relieved laugh was cut off by a notification.

5head is calling. . .

Accept      Decline

I suddenly went from all that hype and excitement, to apathetically staring at my screen and zoning out at what I just saw pop up. . .

HE

HE'S CALLING ME?)#$

It finally got to me as I went dead silent in the voice chat. Not knowing what to do, I just absentmindedly let my phone ring, waiting for it to go away.

Call failed. . .

Forgetting that I wasn't muted, my loudass sigh interrupted their laughter as they complained at the unexpected gain on their earphones.

"WHY TF DID U CALL"

"wdym i need help"

"WELL YOU CAN JUST MSG ME"

"im runnin out of load and got a promo strictly for phone calls"

are u deadas|

As I was still typing, the same call notification pops up all of a sudden, causing me to accidentally and immediately press accept.

"YOOO BUDDY!" he exclaims right as the call starts, making me shut my eyes and rub the arch of my brows in annoyance.

"God Curry, you just—just listen okay? I'll give you my discord so you don't gotta waste money with the load."

"Yo shoujl've toldr me thaft from the strart." he says, clearly munching on something.

"Yeah, I was but then you cut me off with another call. Anyways, I'll give it to you, and let's talk there, hopefully without a dick in your mouth this time." to which he absolutely explodes in response.