bashful

GUYS IM BACK I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABT THIS AND THE ENTIRETY OF WATTPAD (again) SO I AM HERE TO CONTINUE AND FINISH THIS (hopefully) ONCE AND FOR ALL

--

Protagonist's

"Fuck, just where is it?" I utter beneath my breath as I frantically pick and toss my belongings everywhere in the room, desperately searching for something.

♫ LIKE A ROCKSTAR by Chase Atlantic - playing

and if I die, tell my momma that I died like a rockstar

fuck the cop car, they will never catch us

Music loudly plays from my phone's speaker as I struggle to find my earpiece's left pair.

BAM

I slam the drawer close as I run my hand through my hair in frustration. Music is like a necessity to me, a language, a partner in life, and the air I breathe. "Without its pair, this shit won't work. . ." I talk to myself as I throw my body onto my messy bed.

I tilt my head slightly, looking up at the wall; 6:45am, it read. Any more and I'll absolutely be late for classes. I sigh, practically dragging myself to clean and get my things, grabbing my koss porta headphones instead.

Discord Status: left earpiece where are you ;-;-;

Stephen's

"She's still not here. . ." I trail off, kicking invisible dirt on the school's pathway. "OI STEPH!" screams Dray as I don't even bother to look, signaling a 'go' with my right hand. Not long after, I could hear and feel a huge amount of footsteps as our crowd, together with my group, dissipates, going to class. I slightly roll my school jacket's sleeves out of the way as I stare at my watch; 6:55am, only 5 minutes before class starts.

"Just where in the wo—" my leaking thoughts cut off as I practically got snatched by the arm, ready to jerk it off till I saw who it was.

"WHY WERE YOU STILL STANDING THERE? YOU'RE GONNA BE MARKED AS LATE!" she exclaims, disabling her rollers as she snaps her head to me, not forgetting to strike me a glare. "Woah, chill out—it's only because I've been waiting for you." I reply in defense, smoothly removing her grasp from me and holding her hands instead. "Just as you said, we're gonna be late, so. . ."

RUN!

We were going so fast, yet my mind was like floating gently amidst the air, filled with her fresh floral scent. My face started to heat up as I could feel my teeth gritting, not even having the courage to look back from such bashfulness.

With the littlest of things, I fold; even in simple moments like this, I get lightheaded.

Just what is she doing to someone like me. . .

Ringgg

The sound of the bell snaps me out of my thoughts, my heart thumping out of my chest with all the running as we finally come to a stop.

"We're here; let's go in separately." I managed to say in-between pants and exhaustion as I let go of her small hand.

Grip

I flinch, stopping midway onto reaching for the doorknob. Wide-eyed, I finally face her. . .

Only to be greeted by the same bashful face as mine.