pain

Protagonist's

Thud.

The office door closed with us both walking out, our fake smiley faces for the principal fading away and drastically changing into annoyed ones.

I take a big breath as we were now face to face, I could feel my cheeks getting red due to the fuming anger that I'm containing inside. I puff a breath out as I try and compose myself to talk.

. . .But nothing seems to come out

I snap back to reality from seeing red and meet eyes with him once again, noticing that he seems to be struggling with his words as well.

I roll my eyes away from his gaze as I use my hands to switch my rollers on slowly before saying to him; "just know that this wouldn't have happened if you simply didn't lie just to piss me off." With that, I went on my merry own way, crossing my arms and skating away from him.

"Hey! That's not the way out!" he calls out as I could feel his smile creeping from the way he spoke, my face turning even redder as I arrogantly put my headphones on.

♫ abcdefu (angrier) by GAYLE - playing

I skate whilst fidgeting with my phone, trying to get my angry thoughts away. 

In the end, I couldn't; I found myself exiting the building at the back. "See, there's a way here." I talk to myself as my thoughts wander back to him. I ruffle my hair in annoyance, switching my rollers off to walk down the stairs.

--

"Ms. Lee here has amazing records from back in the Philippines; she was an honor student and a salutatorian in their campus." he continued, fixing his glasses as he takes a good look at my student record.

We stayed looking at each other, expressing our protest through our faces.

Poof~

He finally closed the book, this time eyeing the both of us as we frantically broke off our glares from each other and faked an innocent look to the authority upfront.

"Please do keep in mind that this means I am expecting a lot for your finals, Ms. Lee."

"Of course sir, my finals isn't a problem—" "Your finals is a problem Ms. Lee because if Mr. Curry fails his, yours will also be considered a fail no matter what."

--

"Man, what the fuck just happened to my life honestly. . . ?" I ask the usual dudes in the voice call, sitting on the curb by the little area at the very far back of the campus.

"I don't know, it's like you were just sunbathing in the beach when suddenly a tsunami, an earthquake, and an airstrike happened all at once." Mira replied jokingly; it was only a matter of seconds before we burst out laughing.

"RIGHT!? It's like—I'm walking to school ever so peacefully then BAM! I STEP ON FUCKING DOG SHIT." I match her energy as I try my best not to giggle at our dumb of a humor. "Ya'll too much. . ." was all Ken could say between Mira and I's laughter.

"But really, I just want to mind my own business yet some chaotic shit always happens." I state, stopping the intense laughing session that went on for a moment.

"Don't you want that, there's some thrill in your life." she says jokingly, to which I scoffed. "Well so far, I'm hating it." 

"Enemies to lovers!" she calls out before proceeding to tease the shit out of me. "You, Lovi—" I cut her teasing off by disconnecting from the channel.

I'm unsure of most things that will happen from now on, but one thing's for sure: That guy Stephen Curry is, shall, and will be a pain in the ass.