Chapter 1

You stood in front of the building in front of you with confidence. You saw one other boy with a scarf around his neck.

"Did you get a letter as well?" You asked.

"O-oh yeah." The boy said a bit startled.

"Well, nice to meet ya!" You started, "The name's (y/n) (l/n) but call me (y/n)!"

"I'm Isagi Yoichi, you can call me Isagi," the boy smiled.

Soon another boy walked up, but he had whitish blondish hair.

"Oh, you're Isagi from Ichinan High!" He started, "Do you remember me?"

You stared at the two boys. "Yes, we lost against you and all.." isagi replied.

"I had a hunch that you were quite the player!" The boy said.

The boy praised Isagi for a while until he finally noticed you.

"Oh, hello there!" The boy smiled, "Sorry i forgot to introduce myself! How impolite of me.. Im Ryosuke Kira!"

"Ah, i'm (y/n) (l/n).." you told kira your name.

"What a pretty name! It suits you," Kira said, "We should be going, however," the boy said.

Both you and isagi nodded and followed Kira into the building. As soon as you walked in you saw.. tons of guys.

"Wow.. thats a lotta guys.." Isagi said.

"I think i recognize a few faces.." Kira joined in.

"I don't recognize anyone.." you said sheepishly.

"Well, thats okawa, the ace from Sennō.. Thats Ishikari, the tallest player in high school... OH! I also see Nishioka the 'Messi of Aomori' here too!" Kira exclaimed.

You were about to say something but you were cut off by someone.

"Tch.. test one two.. Congratulations you unpolished gems," the man spoke, "All you under-18 strikers have been chosen solely based on my criteria.. and biases.. to be here today. All 301 of you."

You took a quick look around as the man spoke, "I am Shinpachi Ego. My job is to make Japan a team capable of winning the world cup."

The crowd started mumbling. You heard Kira ask, "Who's that guy? You know him?"

Isagi replied, " nah.. no way."

The words 'world cup' caught your attention. You were all ears for what this Ego guy had to say.

Ego continued, "I'll put it in simple terms. Japan only requires one thing to become the strongest powerhouse in football.."

Everyone stood attentively as he continued, "..and that is the creation of a revolutionary striker. From you 300 players gathered here today, I will forge the best striker in the world through a certain project."

"Look here," Ego began, "for this purpose we have built this facility called Blue Lock. Starting today all of you will live in this building and follow, down to the letter, my personally designed training regime. You will not be able to go back home. And as of now, you can consider your football careers as you know them, over."

Your eyes widened. You waited for the catch.

Ego continued, "BUT.. i will say this, if you manage to survive in blue lock.. and defeat the other 300 players around you.. you, the last player standing... will have become the best striker in the world."