Chapter 26

You woke up in the morning feeling pretty anxious. However, you were excited to play against Nagi.

   I wonder if Usagi remembers Nagi.. probably not. You thought to yourself as you fixed Chigiri's hair for him.

   Once you finished fixing his hair, you stepped back to admire your work.

   "Fabulous~!" You smiled as you put your hands on your hips, proud of your work.

   You then began to fix your own hair into a side-braid ponytail (If you do not have enough hair to pull it back, then you can leave it be or style it to preference!). Once done, you began to put on your uniform, with isagi shielding you once again.

   Walking to the field, you remembered what lemon said.

•••

  "The three at the top will be Kunigami, y/n and Chigiri. We're going with these three since they are our best attackers." Lemon said, holding up the number three with his fingers, "Team V's offense is nothing to sneeze at."

   You nodded before getting pulled to the side by Kunigami.

   You looked at Kunigami before asking, "What's up?"

   "You're the top scorer, so you'll probably be guarded by Team V's top scorer, Nagi. So, if at any moment you feel the need to switch with me, then just say so. Kay?" Kunigami spoke.

   You chuckled a bit, "I don't plan on giving up so easily, Kunigami. But if I do happen to need a sub, then i'll look for ya!"

   Kunigami nodded and walked off, you following close behind him.

•••

   "LET'S WIN THIS, TEAM Z!!!" You all shouted in unison.

   You stood on the field, making eye contact with none other than Nagi Seishiro himself. You smirked, feeling ready for whatever ace he had up his sleeve.

   The timer let out a booming 'pip' noise as you lined up with your team for the kick off, never breaking the eye contact you had going on with Nagi.

   A boy with purple hair started out with the ball. Isagi and Bachira got to defending the goal from him, you were following closely beside Nagi, anticipating a pass to the man in front of him. As predicted, the purple-haired boy passed it to him from the side. However, Naruhaya and Raichi were already blocking his field of view.

   Then, it was your turn to defend. You slowed down a bit, making it appear as if Nagi was open for the pass from the man with glasses. The boy passed it to Nagi, but before Nagi could receive the ball, you dashed to his side and head-butted it, sending the ball to Isagi.

   Isagi picked up the ball and sent it to Bachira. You then dashed over to the other side of the field to back up Gagamaru. As planned, Bachira passed it to Gagamaru, who dove forward and used his head to send the ball flying towards the goal, just barely missing it.

   Not a bad start, but it's always better to get a few points on the board ahead of time.. you thought, keeping a poker face.

   You then heard the purple haired boy speak, "Wow! Ain't that a sight to see? Hey nagi! Let's do that now!"

   You turned your head to Nagi as your eyes widened, "I'd rather not.."

   Could this guy really.. there's no way that they could.. they only saw it once after all... you thought as you pursed your lips.

   Before you knew it, however, Reo had already kicked the ball at incredibly fast speeds towards Team Z's goal and Nagi was running forward. You then sprinted to catch up, being caught off guard by Reo's words. You finally caught up and saw the ball getting dangerously close to Nagi.

   He wont be able to receive it.. its going too fast! You thought as you kept running.

   You thought too soon. Nagi had stuck out his leg and received the pass, scoring a goal.

   How did he- you stared at the goal, mouth agape in awe at what you just witnessed.

   "Simple. I don't see how you guys couldn't do it.." nagi spoke before looking at you, "you worried me for a second there, I might have had to work extra hard to beat you."

   If this was his way of comforting you, it didn't work, for you took it as an insult. Nonetheless, you returned to your position.

Author's note: hello, readers! I have returned and am proud to say that this story will be getting more chapters at a somewhat faster rate! Have a good day/night! P.S. if you see any typos or mistakes, feel free to point them out! Thank you for your support, it means a lot to me! :)