Chapter 45

The score was 2-1, your team in the lead.

   Nagi gave you a fist bump, and Isagi smiled as he cheered, "THAT'S AMAZING!"

   "I'll end you all, so lets just go already." Rin spoke, clearly pissed off.

   The game continued, Rin had the ball.

   "Y/n! Stay on Rin! I'll get aryu!" Isagi shouted, running to catch up with aryu.

   You nodded as you sped up to defend the goal, which Rin was approaching rapidly. You were determined to continue attacking until you felt that you had proven your superiority over the man. Rin passed the ball to the shy-guy, Nagi speeding up to prevent him from scoring.

   "Ehh??" The shy guy panicked, becoming anxious.

   Nagi followed the boy as he approached the goal. Keeping Rin in your sights, you moved to your left a little bit in an attempt to help nagi if needed. But the shy guy got nervous and ended up passing it to aryu anyway. You quickly moved over to the left in an attempt to prevent him from scoring, eyes still partially focused on Rin. Aryu shot the ball past isagi, as you had foreseen. You quickly used your head to knock the ball off of the goal's course.

   If I didn't already have a migrane, then i can proudly say that i do now... you monologued as you felt your head throbbing, i'm gonna need some ice after this..

   Depressingly, your work was basically for nothing, for the shy guy picked up the ball and scored it. Today just wasn't your day. First, you had to do a stressful and straining test, then you get looked down upon by a guy that overuses the word "lukewarm," then you get a possible concussion, and now you were stuck underneath nagi.

   Every part of your body was in some sort of pain, "Can't... breathe!"

   Nagi noticed that he had landed on top of you whilst trying to stop the other team from scoring and apologized before offering to help you up. You took him up on this offer, and took his hand to help you get back on your feet. Your back audibly popped and you realized that you would most likely have back pain after this match. Great going, sherlock!

   "Nice block back there, sorry I ruined it..." Nagi wiped the sweat from his brow before walking to his position with you.

   "It's fine, just don't let them break the tie." You replied, feeling happy about his compliment.

   You started off by handing the ball to isagi, running forward to receive a pass once you were further down the field.

   Your legs hurt like hell, but you continued forward and received the boy's pass. You sprinted torwards the goal, slowly entering the zone.

   "Tokimitsu!" Rin shouted down the field.

  Tokimitsu let out an, "eep!" before increasing his speed to surpass your own.

   What the hell- you panicked, increasing your speed in an attempt to outrun the man.

   It was of no use, for he caught up with you anyway.

   Shit shit shit! I have to make this now! You almost kicked the ball before you were pulled back by tokimitsu.

   Your eyes widened as you tripped over the ball and fell onto your back, rolling out in a really bad backflip.

   "Bzzt! Yellow card for team red!" The speaker spoke, "indirect free kick for team white!"

   You forced yourself to get up, stumbling forward a bit out of dizziness.

   "Y/N! YOU OKAY?" Isagi yelled.

   "I'm fine.. just a bit dizzy.." you spoke the truth.

   Nagi walked over and helped you steady yourself, which you were grateful for.

   Nagi was about to leave, but you gently tapped his shoulder before whispering into his ear, "I don't know if i'll be able to get this one in. It would be wise to prepare for the worst, ok?"

   Nagi nodded and patted you on the back gently before returning to his position, waiting for you to make your move.

   Admittedly, you were nervous. You felt like you were drunk, for you saw everything doubled and moving in circles.

   I cant tell where the damn goal is.. you thought as you closed your eyes for a brief moment, the ball waiting at your feet. You had to do something, so you kicked towards the middle of the two, hoping that your judgement hadn't failed you now.

   Unfortunately, your judgement was way off. The ball flew out of bounds.

   This is so fucking embarrassing... you thought, noticing that the ball didn't go into the goal.

   Rin raised a brow before questioning his teammate, "how hard did you yank her back?"

   "I-I didn't-t mean t-to h-h-hurt her or anyt-thing!" Tokimitsu panicked.

   "Oh dear, she looks a bit... tipsy.." aryu sweat-dropped.

   "I suppose it doesn't matter. We'll win and that'll be all." Rin muttered.

   The game went back to how it normally was.

   "I'm so, so sorry.." you bowed your head, causing you to see black dots.

   "Don't bow your head! You're seriously injured!" Isagi frowned.

   "Y/n if you feel like you can't finish the game, just say so and we'll work something out," Nagi frowned.

   "It's fine! Plus, we really can't afford to lose a player at this point!" You insisted on staying.

   "...fine," nagi started, "but if i feel the need to put you on the bench, then I will."

   "Very well then," you gave a thumbs up.

   "Isagi, i'll take CF, y/n can play defense," Nagi told Isagi.

   "Alright!" Isagi agreed, getting into position.

   You moved back to defense as nagi moved over to CF position. The game was tied, and you didn't intend on losing.

Authors note: heyyy! Sorry for making y/n sit out! Just figured that stuff needed to be balanced and that nagi and isagi needed some bonding together for the plot stuff ya know. Anywayy.. question of the day! Who did it better, Mr O'Hare or Ego? Battle of the bowlcut. Me personally, i'm on team Ego 🤩! I hope you have a nice day/night!