Chapter 31

With ego and anri...

   "Anri, do you know what awakening is?" Ego asked.

   "Oh! Uh... like... suddenly awakening super powers? Like when a normie turns into a superhuman? Like a super sayan?" Anri asked.

   "Ah.. not at all," Ego said, "that's an idiotic thing to come up with." (Author's note: HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY WAIFU EGO 👺👺👺👹👹👹👹👹🔪🔪🔪(im half joking))

   "Awakening is not supernatural phenomena.. or gaining super powers.. those unrealistic things don't happen." Ego spoke.

   Ego paused for a brief moment before continuing, "awakening is a puzzle that occurs on top of accumulated thoughts and experiences-"

   Ego was interrupted by the ringing of a phone.

   "Anri," Ego cleared his throat, "who's calling?"

   "It's an unknown number, sir." Anri responded.

   "Eh. Probably here to tell me about my cars extended warranty or some shit. Decline the call." Ego ordered.

   Anri pushed the red decline button and tuned back in to what Ego was saying.

   "The build up of each players failures fuels their experiences. And as the puzzle pieces begin to fall into place-" ego was interrupted again.

   Ego sighed, "who is it?"

   "Same number as before." Anri handed the phone to ego.

   Ego took the phone and accepted the call, "jinpachi ego. What do you want?"

   "I would like to talk to my big sister." The voice on the other end of the line spoke.

   "Erm- who is this?" Ego questioned.

   "Usagi! Im y/n's little sis!" The other voice spoke.

   "Uhhhhh......" ego paused, not knowing what to do.

   "This is the pizza place." Ego lied as he hung up the call.

   Anri raised a brow before taking back the phone and placing it on the counter.

   "Nothing important. Don't worry about it. As I was saying, once these pieces fall into place, ego will bloom!" Ego continued, "in other words, awakening is the moment you learn what you are."

With Usagi and Sugawara...

   "Dang it..." Usagi cried.

   Sugawara patted Usagi on the back, "don't worry about it. I'm sure y/n's doing alright!"

   Usagi shook her head, "but I miss her! Who will I watch the newest episodes of pokémon with now??"

   "You can watch them with me until y/n gets back!" Sugawara smiled.

   "Really?" Usagi asked, receiving a nod from Sugawara, "you're the best!"

Back to the game...

   Your heart rate increased as you noticed Nagi getting extremely close to you.

   Shit.. you thought, it's harder to dribble now and my window to Isagi is closed off.. this is the closest a defender.. no not just defenders. This is the closest any man has gotten to me. Dang he's fast.

   You had to think quickly to get out of the mess you were in. You were about to slow down until you heard a loud noise.

   "Team V number 10! Yellow card for malicious foul play with an elbow!"

   You sighed in relief as you passed raichi the ball. Nagi gave you a little bit more space than you had before.

   I'm going to have to change speeds and pass frequently to throw him off.. you frowned.

   Raichi passed the ball to chigiri, resuming the game. As such, Zangetsu tailed chigiri.

   You continued to run forward, Nagi following closely beside you.

   This time, you didn't need to worry about Nagi; Chigiri scored a goal, tying up the game.

Authors note: yo yo yo! Happy thanksgiving!!! Trying to spice up the plot a bit, hope ya don't mind. So, qotd: what's your favorite activity or thing to do to pass time? I personally like scrolling through the meme side of tik tok lmao. Have a good day/night!! And here, have 10 dabloons! 🪙🪙🪙🪙🪙🪙🪙🪙🪙🪙