Chapter 3

Its been three days since you first arrived at blue lock. In the short period of time, you had befriended the sleeping boy, bachira. Turns out, you two had a lot in common. He's a pretty playful guy so he was fun to hang out with. You also befriended the redhead, chigiri and the ginger, kunigami.

Today, as usual you were taking the 'running test'.

"YOUR ENDURANCE'S FUCKIN' GARBAGE! AND YOU HOT-SHITS THINK YOU CAN BE THE BEST STRIKER IN THE WORLD?!" You heard the raging blonde behind you yell, "HOW ABOUT WHEN YOU LOSE TO ME YOU STICK IT UP YOUR ASSES AND GO HOME TO CRY ABOUT IT YOU BUMS!!"

You rolled your eyes and continued your steady pace.

After the running test was over, you had a short break with the rest of the guys.

"Are you okay, isagi? You need a drink?" You heard the 'mom' of the group say, "lets just give it what we got."

You admired Kuon for his honesty and generosity, he was like your parental figure while at blue lock. After the break was over, you partook in the jumping test. Some of the men in blue lock could jump surprisingly high.

After the jumping test, it was finally meal time. You always got natto.. it was your sisters least favorite meal. You smiled thinking of Usagi's pouty face when she found out you had to eat natto for a whole week. However, you were glad not to have to eat pickled daikon every day like Igarashi.

"Whatcha smilin' about?" Bachira asked out of nowhere.

You jumped a bit and replied, "Ah, hi Bachira! I was just thinking about my little sister!"

"Oh? (Y/n)-san has a little sister?" Bachira began, "Whats she like?"

"She's the nicest sister in the world! She's always so supportive!" You explained, "Im so lucky to have her as a little sister!!"

"She sounds nice," bachira responded with a closed-eye smile.

You made a 'mhm' sound as you walked with bachira to a table with other members from team z.

After the day was over, you returned to team z's room. It was rest time so everyone else was already asleep. You quietly tiptoed to an empty mat. On your way there, you noticed that Isagi was wide awake. You went over to his mat and tapped his forehead.

Isagi bolted up, causing you to jump a bit.

"My bad, I didnt mean to scare you," you said quietly.

"No, its ok im just a bit nervous is all.." isagi replied.

You nodded.

"Ima go get some water," isagi spoke as he stood up and left the room.

You watched him leave then tiptoed back to your mat and took a power nap.

You woke up to a voice on the intercom telling you to look at your new ranking.

You sat up noticing that everyone else was already awake. You looked at your left arm, noticing that your rank had changed from 300 to 275.

"Hello, and nicely done. All of you unpolished gems are enjoying your lives here at blue lock?" Ego asked.

'How could anyone enjoy a life here?' You asked yourself.

"Shove it up your ass! How could anyone enjoy this shit?! IS LIVING IN THIS FUCKING HELLHOLE SUPPOSED TO MAKE US ANY BETTER?!" The raging blonde answered.

"You really like using the phrase 'shove it up your ass'..." you murmured. But of course, he was able to hear it making him pissed off.

You could hear ego try to stifle a laugh as he continued, "shitty football calls for a shitty environment, capiche dickhead?"

You could feel the raging blonde's gaze boring into your skull from your side.

"But, lets talk about blue lock now... this facility is arranged into five different strata. We have 25 teams ranging from 'B' to 'Z', with each set of five times in a stratum living in the same conditions." Ego started, "by the way, since 25 players, one from each team, were eliminated during our game of tag, there are a total of 276 players currently residing in blue lock."

You sighed, so your ranking stayed the same. You could hear igarashi murmuring to himself as well.

"Also, each team is formed by the ranks of their players. In other words, team B's players are from 1st to 11th, team C's from 12th to 22nd and so on. While you, team z, are in the worst stratum of all, stratum number 5. Yours is the team made up of players between 265th and 276th position." Ego continued his seemingly never-ending speech.

"Are you shitting me?! Ive gotta play with this fucking trash?!?!" The raging blonde yelled.

"I would say that youre a clown, but really youre the entire circus," you said, teasing the fuming teenager.

The blonde's eye twitched in anger as he shouted, "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!?"

"Hey now, lets all calm down!" Kuon tried soothing the beast.

"Players of the higher ranks from the other blocks have the better meals and training equipment, which are meant to represent the lifestyle of those strikers at the very top!" Ego explained, "here is where the finest football players get to live like kings! Win, so that you too can seize such a lifestyle!"

You liked the idea of living like royalty. You smiled to yourself, thinking of how much (f/f) you would receive if you were in the higher ranks.

"This is what it means to be in blue lock," Ego continued, "let the first selection begin."

Authors note: thank god ego didnt talk the entire chapter 💀 im sorry but ik he supposed to explain stuff but i cant copy paste his dialogue and im like 'fr bro we get the point grandpa-' im prolly the only person like that but pls forgive me if i forget stuff like y/n's ranking or someones name. I have bad memory so.... Also, i will be adding more y/n moments (if ya know what i mean) so stay tuned for that. Nagi will appear when he does in the manga but this is all for plot development.. trust the process 😔👍