Chapter 29

Soon, everyone was attacking you and bachira with praise. Kunigami gave you a knuckle sandwich and Igaguri wouldn't stop hugging you. Luckily, Isagi saw your discomfort and encouraged Igaguri to stop hugging you so tight and Kunigami to give you a high five instead.

   "Y/N, BACHIRA!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!" Igaguri yelled.

   "Heck, i'm fired up as well." Raichi smirked with his fists clenched.

   You'd better be! You thought to yourself as you smiled.

   "Well well well.. aren't they lively? Look at team Z go." Reo muttered to team Y.

Meanwhile... with Ego and Anri

   "Wait..." ego paused as he scanned through the records in blue lock.

   It just doesn't add up ego thought to himself.

   Was it the computer's error or has her improvement skyrocketed? Ego ran his hands through his hair, did I really fuck up this bad?

   "What's the matter, Ego?" The brunette(?) asked.

   "I think..." Ego groaned, "I think one of the players, y/n, was it? Well that girl is misranked."

   Anri spoke, "how bad is it?"

   Ego looked at her and said, "her behavior is extremely spontaneous... but I believe that she is up there with Rin and Aryu.."

   Anri's eyes widened a bit, "thats... a huge rank difference... why do you think she's up there?"

   Ego answered, "Y/n could probably beat team Y on her own. Watch this."

   Anri took the seat next to Ego as he replayed the tapes of you in the zone.

   "She passed it to Kunigami?" Anri said, puzzled.

   "He snapped her out of the zone. If he hadn't, she would have scored. Based on this alone, her speed, concentration, and, under further review, her durability. Who knows how many points she could have put on the board..." ego sighed in frustration.

   "What should we do about it?" Anri asked.

   "Phase 2. We will attempt to test her ability. I'll get to setting up a custom challenge for her only." Ego spoke, "Then we can see how good she really is."

Back to Team Z vs. Team Y

   The game started back up again and team Y was playing the same tactic as before. You stayed close to nagi. Extremely close. You wouldn't let him get past you again, and you could tell he was annoyed by it.

   From the other side of the field you heard Raichi yell, "FUUUUUUUUUUCK WHAT ABOUT MY SEXY FOOTBALL?! IT CANT HAPPEN IN THIS STUPID ASS POSITION!"

   What the fuck you held in your laugh as you continued to run close beside nagi.

   Zantetsu tried to pass, but luckily Chigiri blocked it.

   Nice one! You smiled as you got between nagi and the ball, following it with your eyes.

   The ball was too high to take back with your legs, so you head-butted it to Kunigami.

   Sheesh I'm going to have a migraine after this.. you thought, feeling a bit dizzy.

   Kunigami received the pass and rapidly approached the goal.

   You smiled as kunigami shot a curveball of sorts into the net.

   "WOOHOO!" you yelled as the buzzer went 'piip' to signal the end of the first half.