Chapter 47

In the lobby...

Ego exited the elevator, sighing and rubbing his neck as he walked to the desk, hands moving to his pockets.

"Where's the kid?" Ego scowled.

"Mister Ego!" Usagi smiled.

"You don't look familiar." Ego glared at the kid in front of him.

"Can I watch the game?" Usagi ignored Ego's statement.

"What game?" Ego questioned.

"Uh... the blue lock game!" Usagi acted like she knew what she was doing.

"No." Ego spoke bluntly, denying Usagi.

"Pleeeeease?" Usagi begged.

"No." Ego stood there.

"BUT YOU'RE MISSING THE GAME TOO!" Usagi cried, "Don't YOU want to watch the game?"

"It's being recorded." Ego frowned, "I can see it. You can't."

"I'M SUING!" Usagi yelled.

"WOAH WOAH!! WHO TAUGHT YOU THAT?" Ego's eyes widened, "Wait, no. I totally do not care about your senseless threats."

"I've been recording everything! I have the right to see the game. I suspect something is awry in this facility and I am issuing a search warrant!" Usagi pulled out a search warrant that her father received two years ago when the neighbors noticed that she stole their dog.

"HOW DID YOU—" Ego glanced at the document, not looking at the date of issuance.

"I have some connections. Let me watch the game or you're going in for a few years, buddy." Usagi smirked.

"Fine, annoying little brat." Ego spat before opening the elevator.

Usagi rushed into the elevator, "You're just mad because I'm smart!"

Muffled arguments could be heard from the elevator, the woman at the desk laughed a bit.

The elevator door opened, Usagi rushed into the room, smiling in awe at the fancy technology.

"Aw! What a cute little kid!" Anri smiled.

"Be careful, she's a menace to our facility." Ego spoke before whispering into Anri's ear, "She. Has. A. Search. Warrant."

Anri laughed, "she's just a kid, relax!"

Anri smiled, "Have a seat!"

"Thank you, kind lady!" Usagi pretended not to know Anri.

Ego scoffed and fell into the spinny chair.

Back to the game...

Things went south really quickly for team white. You were down 3-4.

"All we need is two more goals.." you wiped the sweat from your forehead.

"We're still in this." Isagi affirmed.

Your legs were still sore from the first trial.

   "Y/n." Nagi called.

   "Hm?" You hummed.

   "I'll attack. Whatever you do, do not let them score." Nagi spoke seriously.

   You nodded, "I'll give it my all."

   The game started back and you watched Nagi and Isagi run down the field.

   That's when Rin took the ball. Rin was running to the goal.