Chapter 12

Isagi ran up to the goal in an attempt to score a point. He shot the ball only for it to be blocked by the emo mophead.

Dang you thought as gagamaru launched the ball into the goal with his spring-like body.

"Nice save!" You high fived Gagamaru before taking back your position.

You worked with Isagi to block passes to the mophead.

"WE'LL OPEN A PATH SOON ENOUGH! ONE MORE TRY!" Naruhaya yelled as he ran.

"Isagi! Its almost time to use your weapon!" Igaguri spoke.

Isagi marked the emo while you marked number nine.

After a bit, it was your turn to play center forward.

As practiced, you ran forward with Kunigami and Raichi on the sidelines, taking the ball with you. You rushed to the goal, being careful not to lose the ball. At the moment, all you were focused on was scoring a goal. For a moment you let all logic of football leave your body. This was your chess board now and you controlled all of the pieces.

Now lets get this pawn... you thought as you got closer to the goal, across... the board!

You shot the ball to the goal with full force. Coming back to reality, you evaluated your shot.

Good enough, you said as the ball reached the net behind the goal post.

"Is that.. even possible?" You heard one of team Y's members say.

"She just entered the zone.." another one pitched in.

Team Z stood, eyes wide with shock. They had seen you in practice running towards the goal and shooting, but they had never seen you rush past the defense with such ease.

"Whats the matter?" You asked no one in particular.

"THAT WAS AWESOME!" Bachira yelled as he hugged you from behind.

"Thanks!" You smiled, "but now team Y has the ball.."

You pried your friend off of your back and marked number nine once again. Team Y passed the ball to number nine and he started running. You tried to keep up with- no.. you tried to surpass- the man you were defending.

The entirety of team Y was rushing towards the goal.

This is bad... you thought as you ran with number nine.

Authors note: im so sorry for the niko slander 💀 i do believe in niko supremacy but... how else do I describe the guy? Ill try not to slander niko in the next chapter.. please forgive me 🙇‍♀️