Chapter 43

Meanwhile back in the previous stage's waiting room...

   "Y/n, Nagi, and Isagi already moved ahead.." Chigiri spoke.

   "Huh.. that's annoying.." Kunigami spoke.

   "I thought the same," chigiri added on, "so.. kunigami.. i have a suggestion."

   "Yeah chigiri... i probably just had the same idea.." kunigami spoke.

   And with that, kunigami and chigiri started a team of their own.

Back to you...

   "Seriously?!" You sighed in frustration, "this guy again?!"

   Rin smirked, "what's wrong princess? Getting cold feet?"

   "My feet are quite cozy, actually." You narrowed your eyes at Rin.

   Thats when Ego spoke up, "the third stage is a mini-game-style battle with the three you teamed up with just now. Both teams will have blue lock man as the goalkeeper. And the team that scores 5 goals first wins. And the winning team will pick one person from the losing team and steal him or her for your own to form a 4-man team."

   "Eh?! Blue lock man again?!" You thought out loud, recalling the traumatizing past events.

   "Uh- don't worry. It's a different blue lock man." Ego tried to cover up the fact that your challenge was more difficult than the others' challenges.

   "Thank goodness!" You smiled, "i was afraid that i'd die back there!"

   "Wait wait wait.." rin spoke, putting the pieces together, "you thought you'd die... to a hologram?"

   "Nooooo i thought i'd die to a flying refrigerator!" You said sarcastically.

   Rin rolled his eyes and nagi spoke, "so it's like red rover.."

   "Yeah. Once you have a team of 5, you go to the next selection." Ego spoke, "If a team only has one player, then that player drops out of blue lock."

   You then said, "alright. Well then... i'm gonna beat your ass, Rin."

   Suddenly your number updated.

   "Your numbers will be the order in which you cleared the previous obstacle." Ego spoke.

   You were number 2.

   "Do anything to win." Ego finished speaking and the tv turned off.

   "Ahh.. i dont wanna do this..." a boy with the number 4 spoke, "ahh these negative thoughts! I dont want them anymore!"

   You weren't usually one to comfort others but nonetheless, you decided to console the boy, "then just think of something else. Like hanging out with family and friends."

   You were then approached by aryu who used his thumb and pointer finger to lift your chin, observing your face.

   You didn't like how close he was to you so you backed away.

   "Beautiful as ever! I'd love to go up against you!" Aryu spoke.

   Seeing your discomfort, nagi walked up to you and changed the topic, "let's go."

   Rin began monologuing, "I will win. And when I do, i'll prove to my brother that I can defeat him. That i'm better than him. To crush itoshi sae is what my football is all about."

   Keep telling yourself that. you rolled your eyes as nagi spoke, "isn't that team just full of weird guys?"

   Without further ado, your team agreed to go against Rin.

   And just like that, you were back on the field.

Authors note: heyyy! New chapter :3 anyway question of the day: would ego be a good president? I dont think he would. Bro would take the funding for major stuff and use it for enhanced shin guards 💀. Anyway, heres some uncolored nagi fanart by yours truly! I might color it later.. not sure. Have a good day/night!!

Notice for upcoming updates and reason for slow publishing:

This is a note for those of you who are waiting for an update on this fanfiction. For the rest of this month, updates may be slow because of Mock Trial due dates! The first week of this month on Jan. 7, I have to turn in 2 opening and 2 closing statements. The second week on Jan. 14, I will be turning my direct witness examination drafts. The third week, on January 21, I will be turning in my cross-examination drafts. On the 28th, I will be editing everything i've worked on. For the rest of the month going into early February, I will be preparing for competition. I hope you understand. I will try my best to provide some updates throughout the month! Happy new year!

Edit: Good news! I've done all of the tough stuff for trial work! Tomorrow I will be publishing a new chapter! Thank you all for your patience and understanding! I can't wait to continue my work on this fanfiction! Have a great day/night!