Chapter 38

Whilst the rest of team Z was celebrating victory, Kuon stood on the sidelines.

"What are you doing man? Come over here!" Kunigami yelled to kuon.

"No... actually i'm fine." Kuon spoke.

Seeing that Kuon wouldn't join the group, you walked with kunigami over to kuon.

"What's wrong? We won so..-" kunigami was cut off.

"Hey! Dont take it on yourself to be the forgiving hero!" Raichi ran up to kunigami.

"You can't erase what he did, and i havent forgiven him either," raichi started, "but... i guess if you hadn't tackled nagi back then, we might not have won the game... sooo, come on over traitor man."

Kuon tried to deny raichi's request but was slapped really hard in the side of the face.

"I MIGHT REALLY FUCKIN' HATE YOU BUT WE'RE GONNA WRAP UP THIS BETRAYAL SHIT WITH THIS YOU SLEAZY FUCKWAD!!" Raichi yelled.

You tried your best to stifle a laugh, but ended up failing anyway.

"ARE THE REST OF YA COOL WITH THAT?" Raichi asked.

"Yeah!" Team z said in unison.

Kunigami helped kuon get up from after the slap and allowed him to join in the celebration.

"All games in the fifth stratum have concluded! We will now present the results from the first selection." The speaker boomed throughout the area, "in first, team V with its 11 players. In second, team z with its 12 players. Lastly, the three top scorers pulled from the losing teams are as following: Jun'ichi Wanima, Ihhi Niko, and Shohei Baro."

Your smile widened.

"We did it..." you spoke softly.

"WE MADE IT THROUGH FIRST SELECTION!" Isagi took the words out of your mouth.

You were about to say something, but were interrupted by bachira jumping onto your back.

"Eh?" You laughed a bit, "i'm not reo!"

From across the room, you could see out of the corner of your eye Nagi stifling his laughter.

You couldn't help but to smile at this before saying, "but i suppose i can carry you back to the lair."

"Yayy!! You're the best y/n!" Bachira hugged you.

You carried bachira back to team z's room.

"Imma set you down, bachira. You're getting kinda heavy." You spoke.

Bachira nodded and got off of your back, "thanks, y/n!"

You nodded and said, "no problem!"

Moments later, you along with the rest of team Z began to eat a 'feast' consisting of each players meals they would usually eat.

You sat next to chigiri, who had already started eating.

"Hey! Can anyone go grab some drinks from the dining hall?" Kuon asked, "well, anyone who has a free hand?"

You nodded and stood up, isagi and bachira standing up as well, "we'll go!" You spoke.

You picked up some sports drinks and put them on the tray that isagi set on the table. Once you did, you noticed anri out of the corner of your eye.

Anri signaled for you to go over to her.

You nodded and turned back to where isagi and bachira were, "i'll be right back!"