Chapter 3: Shopping

Miura Yumiko POV:

"Oi, are you making me your bag carrier?" I had asked Ayanokouji if he wanted to check out Keyaki Mall with me to get a few thing before heading to the dormitories.

"How'd you know?" I smiled a little innocently at him. He then started mumble something about troublesome.

But to tell the truth I didn't buy much. Only a bag full of stuff. Since I'm in Class D, I'll have to save my points and at the most use, 30,000 points this month for clothes, necessities and food to eat etc. For now I just chose 2 outfits to wear and now we're on our way out of the mall.

"You can't complain, it's a gentlemen's job to do so. Just be lucky I didn't make you pay." I smirked at him. You won't notice it, but if you look closely at his eyebrows, you can see it narrow just a little. "Ah, but what about you, we haven't gotten any clothes?"

"I don't need any for now, I'll get it during the weekends." When he said this, it reminded me of the outfit I remember seeing him wear in the anime.

"Fine, but you have to promise to let me go with you and help you choose. I have a feeling your not the best, when it comes to fashion sense."

"You doubt me that much?" I looked at him with my eyebrows raised and if he was an idiot, because so far the impressions he made isn't good.

"Can you blame me?" Even though he's socially awkward, I can't help but find it cute.

He looked like he was about to say something, but just closed his mouth and nodded in understanding. After we left, we made our way over to the convenience store and I was only there for a little while, as I only bought dinner and ingredients to make a bento for the next day. I chose to leave the store before him and had told him I'd wait outside and he nodded okay.

I had already brought most of my necessities with me from home, so there wasn't really much I needed from there. I did however take the free stuff, without Ayanokouji seeing. There was a bench away from the store, so I sat there and was on my phone while waiting for him.

Ooooh, I forgot this happens. To my right, that redhead named Sudo comes out of the store and sits down on it, digging in to a cup of noodles. I pretend to not pay attention to him and play on my phone. While I was looking at my phone, i could see that there's already a group chat with the girls in our class and a few other separate ones, that are talking. It also seems like they've already made the Ikemen rankings list for this year. It's obvious who I'm gonna vote for.

I was so engrossed on my phone that I didn't hear the senpais approach Sudo until he started shouting at them. It's doesn't matter as this is just a small incident in the story and has no significance to me. I snuck up behind Ayanokouji, who was watching the whole ordeal and I did my best to hide, I then followed his line of sight and saw two surveillance cameras on the walls of the convenience store.

"This might lead to problems later," Using this opportunity, I decided to speak up as he starts to bend down to clean the mess Sudo made.

"Huh, why would it lead to problems later, you didn't cause the mess." His head immediately snapped towards me and his eyes went wide for a second.

'How did I not sense her presence there?' -Ayanokouji

"Is something wrong?" He shook his head before responding.

"No, I just don't want him to get into trouble for making a mess."

"But why do you care about him, I can tell you've never met him before." He was about to speak before I interrupted him. "Or is it that it's not him you care about but something else."

"What do you mean?" He was confused at what I was talking about but I'm sure he had the tiniest bit of knowing what I was trying to infer.

"One word, points." I smirked as his eyes went wide again. Did he really think I wouldn't notice that. Well it would make sense since I am in a class meant for defectives.

"I'm not sure what you mean, Sensei never said we'd be rewarded points for cleaning up messes of others." I gave him a cold smile in return.

"Playing dumb are we. Doesn't matter, all that matters is I was right. Your not normal." He blinked at that.

"I may a bit socially awkward, but I think of myself as normal." Still playing dumb huh? Sigh, I forgot Ayanokouji's really persistent in pretending to be ignorant and dumb.

"Say what you will then." I look at the sky. "Oh it's getting dark, we should be going, come on." I said as I passed my both my bags to him, and he sighed in response before taking it and walking away with me towards the dormitories.

874 Words

Another chapter!! Last short one, I promise!