Chapter 4: Club Fair

Miura Yumiko POV:

It was the second day of school and just like in the novel no one had paid attention to class except a select few. Yesterday when I got to my dorm, to pass time I had read a book before looking through my messages. However, all my classmates ever talked about were Hirata and boys. Mostly Hirata. They even talked about the perverts and Ayanokouji. They also talked about some boys from other classes.

Unsurprisingly, Kushida had mentioned seeing me with Ayanokouji today and wanted to know what's up. More like my secrets, I just responded with 'how I was curious about him, nothing much.' But some didn't believe me. Then they called him gloomy and socially awkward person and when they continued to talk about it, it ended up getting on my nerves. Normally I would've left them to themselves, but I just had the urge to write one thing. I ended up saying, 'At first it seems like it, it's possible he was a sheltered kid, but he can keep a conversation going luckily.'

Soon they went back onto the topic of Hirata and I had noticed Matsushita was the one who barely conversed about him. My family also heard of her name, but she hadn't heard of mines, so I didn't mind playing a surprise with her.

———————————
———

Call

Me:
Matsushita, I noticed how you don't talk much about Hirata like the others?

Matsushita:
That's true haha. He is a handsome guy, but sadly I'm not interested in him. Plus there's a lot of competition. What about you and Ayanokouji?

Me:
He just interests me. But your probably engaged because of your family.

Matsushita:
W-what do you mean?

Me:
I remember my parents mentioning the name Matsushita. Your like me aren't you, some rich but doesn't want anyone to know.

Matsushita:
... yeah I am. You caught me, but please don't tell anyone.

Me:
Sure but two things you have to do for me.

Matsushita:
Depends on what it is?

Me:
Once is to not tell anyone about me as well. Two is if you be my friend. Your the only person I'm most likely to get along with and I have a had time making proper friends.

Matsushita:
Really? That's all.

Me:
Yeah, plus you don't have to worry, I may be cold but I don't want to do anything I'll regret in a new school. Plus all the girls talk about it is Hirata.

Matsushita:
You are right about that haha.

———
———————————

After that, we had become friends and talked to one another without any tension or weirdness. She also said she isn't engaged, Hirata is just not her type. Right now in class I decided to read a book on my phone as everyone isn't paying attention in class, so there's no point for me to as well, since I'm the end Class D will get 0 points. And me using my phone wouldn't make much of a difference. Plus this lesson is so boring as there's nothing to learn since I already know this.