Chapter 20: Island Exam Part 5

Miura Yumiko POV:

"Hey Ibuki. I have a question?"

Currently I was sitting down on a tree branch relaxing, above Ibuki. She just came back from the camp after Ayanokouji made a fire and took that as a chance to run with Horikita's card.

It's the last day by the way.

Anyway~ She told me about planting Kauizawa's underwear in Ike's bag, creating a mess in our class unity. Not like there is one. But I simply shrugged it off. I knew she was going to turn the class against each other, just didn't know how.

"What?" She grumbled out, obviously fed up with my presence.

"If they didn't find the underwear then where did it go?"

"... I don't know? Probably Hirata-kun didn't tell anyone, but found it. That guys too nice for his cause."

"Hmmm~ That's true but you said Ike didn't look afraid, didn't you?"

"... Would you shut up... I don't know and I don't care?" She's lying obviously. She did that thing with her eyes.

"Ok." I said ending the conversation as I could see Horikita in the distance.

Once she got here, Ibuki and her started a conversation. "Took you long enough." I decided to ignore there conversation and analyse their fight.

As I looked at them, I saw a few moves of Ibuki's. She's pretty good for a normal person. Seems like she practiced Capoeira huh. A Brazilian fighting style mixed with dance, acrobatics and whatnot. An art practiced by slaves in the 16th century, who made it to look like they were dancing but actually disguised the fact that they were practicing how to fight.

As I saw Horikita knock Ibuki off balance and land a punch, I was impressed. Even with a fever, she could still fight a little. I wonder who's stronger between the two if they actually had a proper fight.

"I was sure you were involved in it. The arson... The reason I talked to you in such a roundabout way was to confirm that." Ibuki said, holding her stomach.

"You mean..." Horikita said, probably thinking of Ayanokouji.

"Yawn~" I accidentally let out a yawn causing them both to look up at me. Horikita's eyes widened at my appearance. "Hm?" I tilted my head. I looked around playfully before pointing at myself.

"M-miura-san." Horikita said.

"Hai~"

"W-what are you doing here?"

"Ibuki, finish her off please." She scoffs at my words and lands a killing blow on Horikita.

But I could see she was slightly awake, her eyelids barely open. The adrenaline must've ran out. I wasn't really in the mood to talk to her as it would ruin the timing for when Ryuen and Katsuragi come here.

"Finally. Took you long enough." A voice broke our gazes off Horikita and we looked towards the source. What do you know? It's Ryuen and Katsuragi.

Katsuragi glanced at Horikita as he spoke to the both of us. "Are you sure you two didn't take it too far."

"Don't worry, she just has a fever." I responded.

He raised an eyebrow at my words. "Since when?" He asked.

"Before the exam started."

"She's really pathetic isn't she. But I can't lie about that beautiful face of hers." Ryuen said as he mocked her and poked her with a stick, her not having the energy to retaliate.