Chapter 8: Horikita Manabu

Miura Yumiko POV:

It was the next day and Horikita should be asking for Ayanokouji's help today on the three idiots. And when I say help, I mean using that food trap of hers. Since she said she wanted to make us pawns, she might ask for my help, however I find that highly unlikely.

One, the only reason she chose Ayanokouji was because he is more easy to manipulate as of his current state, since he's holding back in his abilities by 99%. Two, I have friends and an alright standing in the class, I also get on her nerves every time we talk. Therefore she shouldn't ask me for anything and should stay away.

Ayanokouji should ask for Kushida's help and come to the library and have their study group session their tomorrow. Hmmmm? There's no point in me popping by really.

"Ah?!" I was snapped out of my thoughts, when I heard Ayanokouji jump up in pain. Like he can actually feel it.

"What's the matter, Ayanokouji? You cried out. Have you started your rebellious phase or something?"

"N-no. Sorry, Chiyabashira-sensei. I got some dirt in my eye." Liar, Horikita had stabbed him with a compass.

This is really a pitiful to sight to see the masterpiece like this. A part of me just wants to tell Sensei, he's lying and that Horikita had stabbed him with a compass. But I refrained from doing so.

When classes had ended I went to have lunch with Karuizawa and some of her friends. I had never seen the way she had acted around the girls and all I can say is that her acting is top notch. It's like she's an actual gyaru girl.

The girls must obviously let her be her because she is the one who caught Hirata's attention and let him be shared with everyone. However, I'm surprised that with all the time she had spent with Hirata, she never ended up falling in love with him like people such as, Mii-chan or Satou.

Well currently Satou Maya is in love with Hirata, but can't do anything because Karuizawa is dating him so she's waiting for the right man, who can compare to him, which she thought was Ayanokouji. However, things didn't work out then and things won't work out now.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Ayanokouji sitting down at a table next to Horikita and she was waiting for him to start eating. It's time to play a little.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the toilet. I'll be right back." I told everyone and they nodded.

I made my way over to the toilet since I actually had to go. Once I was done, I was waiting a few feet near the entrance from the Cafeteria, acting like I was about to walk in to anyone who exits the cafeteria. And just on time I see Horikita and she sees me.

"So, I guess he fell for that food trap." I said while looking at her with no expression on my face.

"Yes, like the idiot he is that I can manipulate, he is going to do what I order him to." When I heard this I bursted into giggles. She looked at me with a scowl and confusion. "Why are you laughing?"

"It's just that you'll come to regret it soon. Those words I mean. I'm surprised he didn't get you suspended, but I suppose he wants to continue testing you." She started glaring at me like I was talking nonsense.

"Testing me? What do you mean? And he couldn't suspend me because he has no proof." I actually had no idea what Ayanokouji was doing during the first volume as he was clearly holding back, so I'm just going off a speculation. After all, he's able to talk calmly to Horikita and act nervous with others, but we've gotten close and he knows I'm onto him, so there'd be no point in acting socially awkward towards me.