Chapter 11: Saving Sudo

Read till the end.

Miura Yumiko POV:

"What? You're kidding! How did I fail?" Your seriously asking that? Horikita was the one who told you to come back to the study group but you refused.

"The threshold for failure on this midterm test was 40. The average score on the midterm test was 79.6. Divided by two ... Since we round that up, you needed a score of 40 or higher to pass."

"Forty." I was looking at his face, enjoying the look of despair internally.

"We only knew each other for a short time, but I appreciate your efforts. I'll issue your notice of expulsion after class."

"I'm gonna be expelled?"

"Wait a minute! Isn't there any way to save him?" Hirata asked. I mean there is, but you'll never know.

"A failing score means you're finished."

"Isn't there anything we can do? We can't let Sudō-kun be expelled."

Almost everyone was disheartened and I looked towards Horikita and saw her gritting her teeth, trying to come up with something. Kushida was asking everyone if they're going to let this happen and everyone seemed upset knowing they were incapable of doing anything. Soon, Ayanokouji stands up.

"Ayanokōji-kun?"

"Sorry. Gotta hit the restroom."

After he left, I waited for about five seconds before getting up.

"Miura-san." Kushida called out to me.

"Ah sorry, I'm going to go get something from the vending machine to cool off." I didn't bother waiting for a response and left, making my way to the rooftop. I could feel Horikita staring at me, so I glanced back and gave a little smirk and saw her narrow her eyes.

Now you may be asking, why the rooftop? Wasn't that in the anime? Well I had asked that god to create several occasions where it would happen just like the anime in the beginning and also combined one scene together form the anime and the Light Novel. You'll see what I mean.

I started walking up the stairs but stopped right by the opened door to hear two people talking to each other. After a couple of seconds I see Horikita coming up the stairs as well.

"What're yo—" I put a finger to my mouth, signalling her to be quiet. She walked towards me and also eavesdrops on the conversation as well. We continued to listen in silence until we heard Ayanokouji say one particular thing.

"I agree. The word "equal" is a lie. But we humans are thinking creatures." He says.

"What's your point?" Sensei asks back.

"That rules require, at least, the appearance of an equal application"

"He's about to pop the question." I said quietly.

"What question." Horikita asked me.

"You'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if he figured it out as well." I said with a smirk on my face, while Horikita furrowed her eyebrows, trying to figure out what she's missing.

That is until we heard what Ayanokouji said next.

"Sell me one point to add to Sudō's English test score." I looked at Horikita's expression and her eyes are widened in realisation as she's probably recalling what Sensei had told us on the first day.