Chapter 17: Island Exam Part 2

Miura Yumiko POV:

Currently our entire class was in the middle of the woods sitting down, taking a break from looking for a spot, while a few were standing like Ayanokouji. Before we sat down, on the walk I passed Horikita, briefly looking at her with disappointment in my eyes as I saw her rubbing her arm.

Because I don't remember every exact detail of the show and LN, I had only focused on remembering the key details throughout the 1st and 2nd year. Therefore, it came as a surprise to me when I found out she was ill and I also had a minor flashback of the show when I realised Horikita is sick.

It's a little frustrating as she always claims to be the superior student and deserves to be in class A when all she does is complain and never acts.

Right now I was sitting on the branch swinging my legs and humming to myself right above both Ayanokouji and Horikita. Koenji was also sitting on one of the branches on the trees with his eyes closed on the other side. While Hirata and everyone were discussing on what to do, I stared at Koenji.

I just couldn't figure him out or what he was up to in this school. Does he really not care and had just come to entertain himself? Or is he like Kiyo and wants to get away from everything? So many unanswered questions and speculations popped up in my head. The only time I've ever seen him is in the class, sometimes in the elevator or hanging around with senpais in keyaki mall.

It's as if a part of my memory was removed and I can't remember what his plan is in this school. Maybe he plans to use the senpais some way? As if sensing my gaze, Koenji turns to me with his eyes open now, and looking at me with a smirk. I narrowed my eyes at him before giving him back a cute smile.

I pushed these thoughts I had to the back of my head as Hirata spoke to Yukimura before calling out to the rest of the class.

"Sharing a primitive toilet is guaranteed to bring problems. I think spending points in moderation is the best course of action. Reckless self-deprivation and uncertainty will stress everyone out, which increases conflicts. Not to mention the hygiene issues, the girls need peace of mind. It would make them more likely to succeed in the exam, you know?"

"Yeah, you're right." Yukimura replied.

I lightly scoffed making the two below me look up at me, of course he'd agree with something if it's explained logically. No offence Yukimura, I praise your intellect, but your simply not as cunning or have the guts to be merciless as us. (Miura, Ayanokouji, Ryuen, Sakayangi and maybe Horikita)

"I think it's time we start searching the forest for a good place to set up our base camp!" Hirata shouted, causing others to agree with him.

"I agree."

"Where we decide to camp will affect how and when we have to spend our points this week." Hirata raises his hand as he calls out for volunteers. "Are there any volunteers to help me search?"

Leaves rustling above Hirata attract his attention to Koenji who currently has his hand raised as a sign of volunteering. Soon more of our classmates slowly raised their hands.

"Ooh, right here! I'd be honoured to help if you'll have me." Kushida's statement caused more of the perverts raise their hands.

With an eye roll I thought of how much Kushida must be loving the attention right now.

Ayanokouki raises his hand and turns to me first, then Horikita. Yay! Me! First! (Chibi Miura fist pump)

"Aren't the both of you going to join the fun?" He asks us.