⭒ Struggles

2013.

This year was a bit of a whirlpool for the youngest member. Debuting in June, releasing two albums in under a year... Minhee didn't have time to think about negative things. Heck, she was just a 15 year old living out her dream. From dance rehearsals, to recording, to performances... there was a lot going on and Minhee was happy. Exhausted; but happy.

2014.

This was the hardest year for the girl. She really started to go down the deep end. 

When BTS started to gain more popularity, eyes were always plastered on Park Minhee. In K-Pop in general, it's unordinary to see mixed-gender groups. The fact that Minhee was the only girl mind you, had a lot of people talking. 

And not in a positive way.

She was accused of sleeping around with all the members, was called many dirty names and heavily body shamed. Death threats on social media was also a thing.

She began to second guess herself with everything. Wondering what others would think of her. She'd stop talking during interviews, hide behind the taller members, lock herself in the dorms. Minhee wasn't herself.

Many were jealous of the girl... and yet, they were slowing killing her.

Due to the body shaming, she stopped eating-

Due to the accusations, she cried everyday.

Due to the comments, she wanted to disappear. 

Suffered from depression, severe anxiety and panic attacks. (Still suffers from anxiety but is more manageable now)

Namjoon one day caught her throwing up in the bathroom with tears streaming down her reddened face...

And after that day, the boys all vowed to protect their youngest member from anything or anyone.

2015.

Things were starting to get a little bit better. They released their album; The Most Beautiful Moment in Life pt 1 and 2 this year. Minhee wrote a few songs on this album and it really did help heal her. 

Takes medication to help her anxiety. 

Their Music videos, their lyrics... was a story of what Minhee and the boys were going through.

 was a story of what Minhee and the boys were going through

2017.

Her anxiety started to act up again realizing her romantic feelings she held for the other younger member of the group.

She kept blaming herself for her emotions and was angry.

What if he found out? What if something happened and they fought? Would it be awkward? If the other 7 of them learned the truth... would it be weird? Would she be the reason for the fall of Bangtan?

Thinking such thoughts made her sick. She became jumpy, startled and cautious.

2018.

This was a tough year for the group. Early 2018... there was talks of disbanding...

Something Minhee never wanted to do in her life time. She remembered how her and Jungkook used to cry together in the dorms every other night. It was a hard time, especially for the maknaes... but bts... they got through that hoop. 

And they were so proud of themselves that they did. 

2018...

BTS around this time began to soar in the United States, which caused more eyes to steer in their direction. Everyone wanted to know about 'Korea's Princess Park Minhee'.

Minhee grew up in North America, but when Anti-Armies and haters began to attack her on social media...

It was a little rough.

That and she was seen hanging out a lot with Stray Kids' leader Bang Chan.

But this time Minhee was stronger than before. The Love Yourself Albums came out this year... and Minhee learned to love herself.

They've been through too much as a group to let anyone get them down.

Jungkook also had a long talk with Minhee this year... and by the end of the conversation they were wrapped up in each others arms.

Started dating in November.

2020.

Mental Health Struggles. Due to the pandemic... life has been difficult for anyone living on planet earth. They were about to go on tour... 

And that didnt happen. They all quarantined together, so they weren't alone-

But without Army-

They all felt lost.

__________________