Daniela

*Evie's P.O.V*

I had decided I was going to leave the room. It was my fourth day here and extremely early in the morning so I felt like I wasn't going to run into anyone. I dressed comfortably, wearing a long sleeved dress that went down to my knees. It was a black dress that had some ruffles on the bottom of it, it was something Mother Miranda had given me to wear once I had finished growing.

'I only have a few outfits, I should get some more soon,' I thought to myself as I opened the door, stepping out and hearing the door click shut behind me. I melted into the shadows, the familiar chill running over me. It was strange to be one with the shadows, I moved as a fleeting figure of darkness. I had learned that I could fast travel if I could see a shadow in the distance; however today I would take my time to prevent myself from getting lost.

The halls of the castle were magnificent, not a thing was out of place. I started to memorize each turn I took from when I left my room. The order was left, right, left, left, and down some stairs. I ran into a few maids, almost literally in some cases, but they never saw me. I knew a few faces from the Village and I had to bite back a snarl when I saw a few faces.

I stepped out of the shadows before I could help myself when I ran into Sorina. She was putting a rag into a bucket after she finished cleaning the floors. Her eyes snapped in terror and she stared at me in shock for a moment.

"Freak," the name left her lips and her lips curled in distaste. I hissed under my breath as my fangs glistened in the early morning light from a nearby window. "I guess the name suits you now more than ever," she said. A soft buzzing swarm zoomed from down the hall and a lady formed from a bunch of flies.

"Now, now, is that any way to speak to a guest?" the redhead giggled as she tilted her head. Sorina's eyes widened and she stumbled back, her back hitting a table as she stepped away. A vase teetered from the movement and she turned to try and catch it only for it to slip out of her grip and hit the floor with a crash.

"Miss Daniela, I am sorry," Sorina stammered as she looked down. A small part of me felt bad for her, she was obviously terrified of this Daniela but a part of me also felt a bit of satisfaction that she was getting karma for how she treated me for my whole life.

"Not yet you aren't, that was one of Mother's favorites," Daniela said with a small pout as she tilted her head. "Perhaps a trip to the cellar will teach you to watch your tongue and to not break such precious things," she said as she pulled a sickle out. I stared at the curved weapon with mild intrigue. It was covered in blood so it was clearly used often.

"Miss Daniela," I interrupted, catching the redhead's attention. Her eyes widened and a small smile appeared on her lips. The lower half of her face was covered in blood and she had a beautiful bluish green gem embedded in an amulet around her neck.

"You can go maid, for now. I want to get to know our mysterious guest," Daniela flicked her hand and Sorina scuttled off. I could hear her heart beating erratically as she scurried off. "So you're the mystery," she hummed as she circled me. I nodded my head as she dispersed into a group of flies and swarmed, the flies nipping at my skin and drawing blood.

I bit back a yelp of surprise, the small bites surprising me. Daniela formed back into her human form and I was still reeling in surprise from her actions. Fresh blood now covered her mouth, a small pout forming on her lips.

"You don't taste good, mystery guest," she said as she tilted her head. "What's your name?" she asked as if it just occurred to her that I had a name.

"M..my name is E...evie," I stammered, cursing the fact that I had stuttered over my own name. She hummed in thought as she nodded her head.

"Evie, it's pretty," she said, making me flush slightly from the unexpected compliment. No one had ever complimented me that way. They usually complimented my work ethic or my reflexes, not my name.

"Your name is prettier Miss Daniela," I said with a small smile, tilting my head when she giggled.

"Only the maids call me that, you can just call me Daniela," she insisted as she looked at the broken vase on the floor. "The maid that called you freak, would you like me to take a finger off for insolence?" Daniela asked, almost sounding hopeful.

"No, no. She didn't mean anything by it, it's what I was called by everyone in the Village before I was..." I gestured to myself vaguely.

"Oh...well if you ever want me to take a finger then I will," Daniela said, her eyes slightly narrowed when I mentioned what I used to be called. "Me and my sisters usually say transformed or mutated," she informed me. I nodded in understanding as her eyes lit up suddenly. Her eyes were pretty, I liked them and the way they glowed in the sunrise.

I couldn't really like her already, could I? She seemed a touch unstable with her willingness to torture the maid over an accident; speaking of which, the vase was still shattered on the ground. She seemed to be happy though and she had been rather kind to me so I suppose that could be the reason I liked her. No one had ever been kind to me before.

"Come, you simply must meet my sisters!" she said suddenly as she grabbed my hand, pulling me after her with a giggle. If she was like this, I wonder what her sisters were like?