Blood

TW: mentions of self harm

*Evie's P.O.V*

I just sat with Cassandra for who knows how long. She kept talking and I kept listening. It was nice, to just let the world fade away from around me as I listened to her. I focused on the sound of her words, on the way she breathed.

It was strange, the normalcy of it all. It almost felt like I was a human again. Except for the fact that Cassandra was a vampire lady made out of flies. Also the fact that I was a person who could turn into shadows. I could feel the skin on my arms regrowing a bit thicker, adding more scars to my collection.

"If you ever want to feel something then you can come spar with me," Cassandra said softly. I paused for a moment, tilting my head at the offer.

"How did you remember that I said I did it to feel something? I thought you would have forgotten," I said after a moment as I thought over her offer. Sparring would probably be a lot more fun and I would probably bleed less. However it would still satisfy that itch I got when I wanted to self harm.

"I remember things about the people I care about," Cassandra said as she hid behind her hood. I smiled softly as I ducked my head, resting my head on her shoulder.

"That's really sweet Cass," I whispered with a soft smile. "I would love to spar with you," I said as I accepted her offer.

"Good," Cassandra said as she patted my leg gently. I could tell that she was unused to being affectionate with anyone.

"Don't tell anyone please," I whispered after a moment. I didn't want anyone else to know, I couldn't imagine Lady Dimitrescu's reaction. The thought of it scared me more than anything.

"I won't," Cassandra said after a moment, clearly hesitant to promise me anything. "As long as you aren't at risk of dying. If you're close to dying because of it then all bets are off," she said simply and firmly.

"Fine, we have a deal," I said after a moment.

"Good," Cassandra said. "Now are you thirsty? You haven't drank any blood today," she stated. I thought for a moment, the burn in my throat increasing at the thought of drinking some blood.

"I'll get some in a minute, I need to collect myself before I go downstairs," I said simply. Cassandra nodded her head, seeming to understand my reasoning as she dispersed into fly form, disappearing through the vent. Now I had to worry about both her and Daniela using my vent to leave my room I guess.

I got up, changing out of my shirt into another long sleeved shirt. This one was a bit brighter, it had red and gray stripes running down it. It looked cute when you compared it to my skirt so I liked it. I made my way out of my room, walking down the stairs and heading to the kitchen.

I was too tired to use my shadow powers to just teleport into the kitchen. I entered the kitchen, ignoring the looks the maids gave me. I wasn't so surprised when I heard buzzing, finding Bela forming right behind me.

"Are you thirsty?" Bela asked curiously.

"I would not be here if I was not," I said simply as I turned to look at her. Her hair was out of her hood today, it was twisted into a fancy braid that was decorated with flowers.

"Why are you staring at me?" Bela questioned.

"I've never seen your hair out of your hood," I said simply.

"Aunt Donna is here," Bela said simply. "She likes to braid our hair," she stated.

"Our? Does that mean Cassandra is going to have her hair braided too?" I asked curiously. Bela seemed amused by the question.

"Yes," Bela stated.

"I'm surprised she allows such a thing," I stated with a small smile.

"She only does it for Aunt Donna," Bela informed me.

"Well then I have to see it don't I?" I asked. "Wait, does that mean that creepy fucking doll is here?" The question escaped me as soon as the realization hit me.

"Yeah, Angie's here,"  Bela said as she nodded her head.

"I'm right here bitch," Angie said from behind me. I spun around, dispersing into the shadows before I reformed on the kitchen counter.

"I hate dolls," I said simply as I stared down at the doll with a frown on my lips.

"I hate humans," Angie said as she tried to climb onto the counter.

"Bela," I whispered in fear as I stretched my leg out, using my foot to keep the doll away from me.

"Angie won't hurt you much," Bela said. I jumped off the counter, clinging to Bela and keeping my legs off the ground which made her have to hold me.

"I don't like dolls," I whispered. Bela laughed as she wrapped her arms around my waist, holding me up.

"Oh my goodness, you poor thing," Bela laughed as she carried me out of the kitchen.

"No, I need my drink," I huffed as I reached towards the kitchen. I was so thirsty but I would not be getting down. Bela sighed at my huffing and rolled her eyes.

"Fine," Bela said after a moment as she sat me down, returning to the kitchen where I heard the evil doll laughing at my fear. When she came back, she had a blood box. It was like a juice box but filled with blood.

I accepted it from her, sinking my fangs into it. I drained the box dry within seconds, feeling the blood quench my thirst almost immediately.

"You must have been thirsty," Lady Dimitrescu's voice made me flinch and I spun around, looking at her as the blood box fell from my mouth.

"Perhaps," I said simply as I reached down to pick it up. I paused when she walked over to me and I looked up at her, shivering slightly at how much taller she was then me.

"Then perhaps you can answer a question for me," Lady Dimitrescu said. I hesitantly stood back up, looking her in the eyes. "Why can I smell your blood?" she asked, making chills run down my spine.