Horse

*Evie's P.O.V*

Something had fundamentally changed in Lady Dimitrescu and I's relationship. Normally I could leave her home whenever I wanted with no explanation. Now however she always asked where I was going and when I would be back. I was a bit surprised the first few times she did it because she always seemed to catch me right before I would leave. It felt like she was physic or could read my mind.

After a few days of her doing this, I just went to her first and told her before she could even ask. I was always going to Salvatore's house which she didn't seem to like for some reason. She suggested I try going to Lady Beneviento's instead but I didn't want to do that.

Lady Beneviento kind of scared me. Her creepy doll is what kept me from going to see her. I didn't particularly like dolls, especially ones that could move and talk on their own. Lady Dimitrescu conceded that I did have a good point for not wanting to go but said I should revisit the idea of going one day in the future.

Salvatore seemed quite pleased that I stood up for him against Heisenberg. However he said I shouldn't have left without Mother's permission. He still had that strong unnatural urge to protect that woman even though she was quite horrible to him. It was clear that she only used him for his willingness to try experiments and that bothered me.

Mother Miranda did come visit him one time while I was there. Salvatore seemed happy that she was visiting and so I didn't say anything until he left the room to go get an experiment. Once he was out of the room, my shadows crept across the room and wrapped around her arms and legs. I could feel them tremor slightly under my shadows as I slowly approached her.

"If you hurt Sal, I will kill you Miranda," I said simply as one of my shadows pressed against the skin of her arm, causing it to split and bleed slightly. Once I felt she understood my point, I pulled my shadows back right as Salvatore came back. He had mutated a horse so that it could be indestructible.

"What do you think, Mother?" Salvatore asked quietly as he pet the horse. Mother Miranda hesitated for a moment before she met my gaze.

"It's lovely Salvatore," Mother Miranda said carefully. Salvatore seemed pleased with her praise as he looked at the horse.

"Do you want her Mother? You can have the horse?" Salvatore asked nervously. It was clear he was unused to not receiving criticism from Mother Miranda.

"I think you should give it to your friend Evie," Mother Miranda said simply. She smirked at me and I silently cursed her. Lady Dimitrescu wouldn't be happy that I was bringing home a horse and Mother Miranda clearly knew that.

"Oh yes, Evie, do you want her?" Salvatore asked as he turned to look at me. I bit my bottom lip as I hesitated for a moment, watching his face fall.

"Of course Sal, I'll be glad to take her," I said quickly. He smiled at me and I sighed softly as I stepped closer to the horse. He left the room and I stared at the horse with a frown.

"How am I going to get you home?" I muttered softly.

"Maybe you should consider the consequences before you threaten me again," Mother Miranda said from right behind. I spun around to face her, looking up at her as she stared down at me.

"Oh what wonderful revenge, now I have a pet horse," I said cheerfully.

"That's not my revenge. My revenge is you having to tell Alcina that you now have a horse," Mother Miranda said as she reached down, grabbing my chin and holding it in place so I was forced to look up at her. "Alcina doesn't like surprises," she said simply as she let go of my chin.

I turned my head away from her, looking back to the horse. The horse was taller than me and I had never transported a full creature with my shadow magic.

I left the horse for a bit, practicing on moving lycans with my shadow magic first before I tried it on the horse. I decided to go big and transported both myself and the horse back to Lady Dimitrescu's home. However that worked a little too well and now I was standing in the foyer with a horse.

"Well, that worked a bit too well," I muttered as I looked at the horse. I heard a buzzing sound and Daniela formed next to me.

"Where'd the horse come from?" Daniela asked curiously.

"Moreau's," I said simply. "Know anywhere I can keep it? Particularly one that the lady doesn't know about," I questioned curiously. Daniela opened her mouth before I heard someone clear their throat.

I turned to look at the stairs and saw Lady Dimitrescu. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow as she walked down the stairs.

"I didn't want to take it, I had no choice," I said simply as I looked at the horse.

"Oh yes, I certainly believe that Evie," Lady Dimitrescu said.

"It's the truth, I had no other option," I whined softly. "It's all Mother Miranda's fault, I didn't even want to take it. She said that I should be the one to take it," I stated.

"Why would she say that?" Lady Dimitrescu asked.

"I may have threatened her first," I muttered softly. Lady Dimitrescu didn't seem to have any problem hearing me though. Daniela buzzed out of the room when Lady Dimitrescu reached the bottom of the steps.

"Evie, do not do such a thing again," Lady Dimitrescu said. "You will only get hurt and I would hate for that to happen. Am I understood?" she asked.

"Yes Lady Dimitrescu," I muttered in defeat. There was something in her golden eyes, something that made me feel like I had no choice but to listen.

"Good," Lady Dimitrescu said simply as she looked between me and the horse. "There's an old stable out back, you may keep your new pet there. It will need to be fixed up somewhat and I am trusting you to do that. Think of that as your punishment for threatening Mother Miranda," she said.

"Not fair, don't deserve a punishment," I whispered under my breath.

"Darling girl, that's barely a punishment," Lady Dimitrescu rolled her eyes. "I shall contact the Duke to get you things for your new pet," she said, leaving me to try and get the horse outside on my own.