Anger

*Evie's P.O.V*

I decided that I did want to get my revenge on Mother Miranda even if it cost me my life. I wanted her to pay for turning me into an experiment, I would just have to gather my strength. I spent most of the day sleeping to gather my strength. When I woke up it was because Bela was hovering next to me.

"What do you want?" I asked simply, looking up at her in annoyance. She had woken me up, I didn't want to be woken up. I just wanted to sleep all day.

"Mother Miranda is here, she wants to see you. She's in Mother's office," Bela said simply. I huffed softly as I pushed myself up, nodding my head as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Got it, I'll be down soon," I said simply. Bela left my room quickly and I stood up after a moment, walking over to my bathroom. I shut the door behind me, standing there as I stared at myself in the mirror. I truly looked horrid, I had deep eyebags and I was as shaky as a baby dear. I opened the medicine cabinet, pulling out a small bottle.

I twisted off the cap, drinking the blood in the bottle with a small hum. The energy booster in the bottle was different, stronger than most of the ones I had drank before. It tasted bitter with a hint of sweetness just at the end. I found it hard not to gag and spit it up but I forced myself to swallow it down completely. I would need anything I could possibly take to deal with Mother Miranda and her attitude.

My hands stopped shaking as much after that and I found it a lot easier to stand when the energy booster kicked in. I fluffed up my hair and found that it was a lot harder to do when my hair was tangled. I stripped down, going into my room to find something to wear. I found a knee length black dress with red stripes running down the side of it.

I left my room, disappearing into the shadows and reforming right in front of Lady Dimitrescu's study. I hesitated for a moment before I knocked on the study door.

"Come in," Lady Dimitrescu called.

My hand rested on the doorknob as I contemplated on whether or not I should actually go in. I did decide to go in, only because I didn't want Mother Miranda to think I was afraid of her. I wasn't, I never would be.

I closed the door carefully behind me as I entered, standing in front of it as my gaze met Mother Miranda's right away. She looked at me and I found it hard to focus as I stared into her eyes. They seemed to be enchanting and held me in place.

"You will not ever leave a meeting before I dismiss you," Mother Miranda said simply. I narrowed my eyes simply as I looked at her.

"You set me up to get attacked," I said simply.

"I wanted to see how you could handle yourself," Mother Miranda said simply.

"And if I had died?" I asked simply.

"I would not allow you to die," Mother Miranda stated as she waved her hand dismissively.

"I got bit by a lycan," I retorted.

"Enough," Lady Dimitrescu said. "Come here Evie," she said. For some reason I felt compelled to go to her, going over to her. She turned me around and she pulled the shoulder of my dress down slightly. Her gloved finger traced over the scar and she hummed softly.

"What is it, Alcina?" Mother Miranda asked simply.

"She has a scar. If she had died I would have been most displeased," Lady Dimitrescu said. "You placed her in my care and I care for her so do not put her in danger again," she said simply.

"Are you becoming protective over the girl Alcina?" Mother Miranda asked.

"Her name is Evie and yes, I will be protective of her," Lady Dimitrescu said. Her words were nice, they made me feel safe even when I felt her nails poking into my back.

"I'll call her whatever I like," Mother Miranda said simply.

"No you will not. Her name is Evie, say it," Lady Dimitrescu said simply.

"I will not," Mother Miranda stated.

"Say it," Lady Dimitrescu said and a soft growl escaped her when she said it.

"Evie, the girl's name is Evie," Mother Miranda said simply.

"Exactly, she's not Eva," Lady Dimtrescu said.

"You're out of line," Mother Miranda stated.

"No I am not, you are the one who is out of line," Lady Dimitrescu informed her. "She is not Eva, stop treating her so horribly," she said simply.

"She doesn't remind me of Eva," Mother Miranda said simply. I quietly wondered who Eva was but I didn't want to ask that out loud. I feared it would only turn her anger onto me.

"Then why can't you look at her most of the time?" Lady Dimitrescu asked simply.

"I can," Mother Miranda retorted.

"Then look her in the eyes and call her by her name," Lady Dimitrescu asked.

Mother Miranda shook her head and I could tell that Lady Dimitrescu had hit her somewhere sensitive with her words.

"Enough Alcina, this meeting is over," Mother Miranda said simply as she stood up. Her wings were splayed out behind her and I could see the anger in her eyes. "I will speak with you later," she said simply, her jaw tensing as she left the room. The door slammed behind her and I felt Lady Dimitrescu turn me around to face her.

"I am serious Evie, if she ever puts you in danger again, I want to know about it," Lady Dimitrescu said.

"Why?" I asked as I stared up at her.

"Because I care for you and I shall not allow you to come to harm again. If I had known that Heisenberg's lycans had attacked you, I would have sent him a message," Lady Dimitrescu said as her hand rested on my shoulder.

I twitched slightly away from her hand when I saw the look in her golden eyes. There was anger but also a sense of protectiveness. I had never seen her look like that before.