Nap

*Evie's P.O.V*

I stay snuggled up to Mommy, feeling her hand pat my bottom as she works. I had been attached to her since she woke up for the morning, refusing to speak or let her put me down. She scratches my back, gently moving me so that she can focus on what she's writing.

"Mommy," I finally manage to get myself to speak, making her pause in the middle of her writing.

"Yes darling girl?" Mommy asks, looking down at me. I smile up at her, earning a soft smile.

"Is that you wanted? You just wanted me to smile at you?" Mommy asks, making me nod. I squirm as she lifts me up, pressing a kiss to my forehead. I squeal, trying to wipe her kiss off but it's impossible because every time that I do she just kisses my head again.

I squirm slightly, whining as I try to push at her chest to escape her hold. She doesn't let me go, feeling her bounce me slightly to rile me up even more. I squeal as I finally manage to gather enough of my shadow power to teleport out of her hold and end up on the other side of her desk.

"Evie," Mommy says, making me stick my tongue out at her. She raises an eyebrow, a subtle thing but I take it as my cue to leave as quickly as I can. I jerk on the door, making it hit the wall when it swings open which makes me wince as I quickly run away.

I go to the library, finding Daniela there. She snorts when she sees me, patting the couch next to her. I quickly go over to her, sitting down next to her. I sit next to her, snuggling into her side as she keeps reading.

"Where have you been?" Daniela asks, making me shrug my shoulders slightly as I slip my thumb into my mouth. I rest my head on her shoulder, whining when she moves her arm slightly to wrap around me.

"Based on your scent I'll say that you were with Mother," Daniela comments, making me shrug again since I don't want to admit that I was with Mommy nor that I was snuggling with her. That was my secret and no one could know.

"Opened the door hard, made it hit the wall hard," I finally murmur, making Daniela laugh.

"Mother won't be mad about that, Cassandra usually slams doors all the time so unless you called Mother names and then ran off, I doubt she'll come after you," Daniela informs me, making my eyebrows furrow.

"Someone do that?" I ask in confusion, wondering who would be stupid enough to do that.

"Yeah...me," Daniela says dryly, making me raise my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?" I ask, wanting to know all the details on why she would do such a thing. I would never do that, I was Mommy's perfect angel even if she didn't know it yet.

"Because I like to be melodramatic and sometimes that means really dramatically calling mother things and slamming doors in her face. All for fun, really she should just get a sense of humor," Daniela informs me, making me nod my head slightly.

I would never do that, it seemed like a very bad idea to upset Mommy in any capacity since she didn't seem like one that tolerates disrespect. Daniela was her daughter but I wasn't so she probably would get super duper mad if I ever even tried to do something like that.

"What? You scared to get into trouble with mom?" Daniela asks, making me nod my head slightly. It was true, I was scared to upset Mommy in any way. She was my Mommy, she had to be happy with me at all times or else she didn't love me.

I squirm as Daniela rolls her eyes, patting my lower back lightly as I cuddle with her. She doesn't even seem to notice my pull up since she can feel the top of it or that I am slowly inching my way onto her lap so that I can use her as a pillow. I could never let her know my evil plan or else she wouldn't allow me to do it. I just knew that she would somehow stop me if she knew that I wanted to use her as a pillow.

"Gosh, you really are a little baby," Daniela says, making me hum in confusion as I look at her. I realize my thumb has slipped into my mouth. I shake my head, making her smile.

"You're not?" Daniela asks, making me shake my head as quickly as I can just to show that I'm not a baby of any sort. My quick denial will surely prove that I'm not a baby at all. Daniela snorts slightly, scratching my back lightly.

"Of course you're not, you're a big girl clearly," Daniela says, making me nod my head. She rocks me slightly, making me feel sleepy even though I hadn't been sleepy at all before I came to the library. Daniela was clearly a witch! There was no other reason that I would feel this sleepy.

"Such a big girl," I agree, making her laugh slightly as she rocks me some more. I puff out my cheeks, making her smile as she sets me down on the couch, leaving me for a second before returning with a book. A book she hadn't already been reading.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I look at her, a small yawn escaping me as she starts to read to me. I yawn softly, resting my head on her lap as she continues to read to me. I try to fight off sleep but it's too powerful, a spell of wickedness that keeps making my head drop down.

I grumble when I feel Daniela run her fingers through my hair, settling down when she stops. I didn't like when she did that, I just wanted her to leave me alone since she was interrupting my story and nap time. She chuckles at my complaints, going back to reading as I drift off to sleep.