Favorite

*Evie's P.O.V*

Mommy just rocks me for a while, slowly getting up once I've started to settle down. It takes me a bit to lay comfortably and even longer for me to get used to calling her Mommy. I've never called someone Mommy before, not even my own mother. Mommy eventually gets up, carrying me out of the room. I realize that this room is the one by Cassandra's and the other, the door that says little on it.

Mommy hasn't tried to take my paci back which I'm grateful for. I don't think I would have let her if she tried. I keep my face hidden as she carries me all the way to the dining room, sitting down at her seat at the head of the table. I peek my head out, squeaking when I see that Daniela is basically right there.

"Oh, boo," Daniela huffs, not sounding happy. Mommy chuckles as she adjusts her hold on me, her fingers gently running through my hair.

"Evie, it is fine. You are not the first little I've had around the girls. You're just the first in a long time so they're a little excited," Mommy says, rocking me slightly. I keep my face hidden, something that clearly bothers Daniela.

"Let me see the baby," Daniela demands and I hear buzzing. When I peek out, she's formed to stand on the arm of the chair. She tugs my face so that I have to look at her. She inspects my face, seeing the tear streaks.

"You made her cry?" Daniela demands to know, looking at her Mother with such anger that it kind of scares me. I've never seen her this upset.

"Mother made her cry?" Cassandra's voice echoes and I realize she's moved closer as well. She's standing close by, close enough to see me but not close enough to be in my personal space like Daniela is.

"Who made her cry?" Bela asks from where she's sitting. She's the only one that's not moved towards me, seeming to be paying attention but not wanting to get close.

"No one made her cry, she was just overwhelmed girls," Mommy states, making me hide my face out of embarrassment. She didn't have to tell them that. Well I guess she did because otherwise it looked like they were going to murder someone.

"Are you sure?" Daniela asks, still holding my face into place. I squirm to get away, hiding my face again.

"I am sure. And you don't just grab people's faces Daniela, I've taught you better than that," Mommy scolds as she rocks me, letting me stay hidden.

"I needed to know that she was okay," Daniela huffs, sounding upset with her mother. "When do we get to hold her? How come you get her to yourself?" she asks. I'm surprised that Cassandra and Bela don't echo her words so I peek out slightly to see that they're just watching me.

"Because I am your mother and because she's only just regressed. I don't want you girls overwhelming her," Mommy says as she sits me in her lap, letting me keep my face hidden as the doors open and the maids come out.

"So does that mean no reading her stories in the library?" Daniela asks, sounding farther away like she had moved back to her seat.

"Bela can hold her and read to her tonight if she agrees, you and Cassandra can wait," Mommy says.

"How come I have to wait?" Cassandra asks, actually sounding upset about the thought of not getting to hold me.

"Because you and Dani get way too competitive and I won't have you two doing that when it comes to Evie. First of all, if she got hurt, you two would be in serious trouble and second of all, you're both in trouble for your little hunting trip," Mommy says, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Told you she'd knew if we snuck out," Cassandra mutters, earning a noise of complaint from Daniela who is way too eager to get out of her punishment and get to hold me.

"We wore the coats Aunt Donna made us," Daniela grumbles.

"I do not care. You girls could have died because of the cold and I am not in the mood to argue Daniela," Mommy says, her voice sharp. I flinch at her tone, earning a small hum from Mommy as she rubs my back. I peek out to look at her and she tugs my paci out of my mouth, much to my disbelief. I stare at her with wide eyes, my eyes showing my disbelief as she chuckles. She brings a cup close to my face.

I realize that it is a sippy cup and I accept it, drinking from it. It's full of blood, something that satisfies my cravings almost instantly. Mommy drinks a glass of wine while Daniela and Cassandra seem to eat meat. Bela kind of just picks at her food, not seeming to want to eat or drink anything.

"Is something the matter Bela?" Mommy finally asks, making Bela shake her head after a moment. "Come here darling," she says, making Bela disperse into her swarm and form again on Mommy's lap. Mommy holds her close, humming softly as Bela just lays there. I watch Bela with mild interest, offering my sippy cup when she looks at me.

"No thank you Evie," Bela says politely.

"You need to eat little one, you haven't eaten all day my darling," Mommy says as she tilts Bela's head up to look at her. Bela hesitates before nodding. Mommy lets her eat off of her plate, keeping an eye on her as she lets me drink from my sippy cup.

When Bela finishes, Mommy gently combs her fingers through her hair and just lets her cuddle with her. When I finish, she glances at me.

"Do you want to take Evie to the library and read now?" Mommy asks. Bela glances at me, her eyes lighting up at the prospect as she holds her arms out. Mommy carefully hands me off and Bela grins, dispersing into her swarm and swarming us to the library. She goes slow, making sure that I'm comfortable.

"Favorite," I mutter to Bela once we enter the library, earning a small smile from her as she pulls me close. My words seem to make her happier than anything Mommy had done. I decide that for tonight and for however long it takes Bela to feel better, she will be my favorite.

Not related to this fic whatsoever but I am currently working on a regressor Bela story!