Nap

*Evie's P.O.V*

Lady Dimitrescu let me use her as a pillow, my body curled up on her lap as I watched her write. My head was half resting on her arm and half resting on her breast. I was only just getting comfortable when Daniela formed on the edge of the desk, sitting on it.

"Get off my desk Daniela," Lady Dimitrescu says sternly, not even glancing to see which of her daughters it was. She clearly knew them well enough to know which daughter would have the audacity to sit on the edge of her desk.

"I don't want to," Daniela groans as she leans back, laying on top of the papers that Lady Dimitrescu was just writing in. I glance up towards Lady Dimitrescu, seeing her set her pen down as she stares at Daniela with a frown.

"Move child or I will move you myself. And if I have to do that, you will not like the consequences," Lady Dimitrescu warns as she frowns at Daniela with annoyance clear on her face. I shift uncomfortably on her lap, making her look down at me. Her frown softens slightly as she moves her arm to hold me close, keeping me cuddled up against her.

"Mother, I am bored. Can we please play a game with one of the cellar people?" Daniela asks as she reaches out to touch my face. I tilt my head, scooting away as much as I can to hide into her.

"If you will leave both Evie and I alone then you may," Lady Dimitrescu says, making Daniela pull her hand away quickly.

"Thank you Mother," Daniela says before she disperses into her swarm of flies before flying out of the room through the cracks in the door.

"Poor darling, was Daniela interrupting your cuddle time?" Lady Dimitrescu asks softly. She was being so sweet to me, so unlike her usual self, that it made me pause as I looked up at her. Her golden eyes are shining with...affection. I had not expected that.

"It's my cuddle time," I say quietly, making her smile as she nods her head.

"Yes Evie, this is your cuddle time right now," she coos as she uses one hand to lift me up. It kind of startles me and I instinctively press myself into her even more. "You are okay darling, I am just lifting you up," she reassures me.

I whine, nuzzling my face into the crook of her neck as she hums softly. I pout when she moves my head with her other hand, making me look up at her after a moment. "What?" I huff as I move my hand to clutch onto her dress, frowning up at her.

"You are being rather fussy right now," Lady Dimitrescu says casually, making me shake my head quickly. That was not true, I was not being fussy at all! She was the one who kept moving me around, I was just expressing how that made me feel. "You must stop drinking so much," she says as she raises an eyebrow when I start to protest at her words.

"I not fussy," I mutter in at least a small attempt to protect myself from her mean words.

"You are being rather fussy," Lady Dimitrescu says as she stands up. I expect her to put me down but she instead rests me on her hip. I snuggle into her, feeling very small at the moment as she carries me out of her study.

"Where we go?" I ask as a wave of sleepiness hits me. I didn't want to be sleepy right now though I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hands to try and make it go away.

"To my room, you are clearly in need of a nap," Lady Dimitrescu says. Her words make me whine and before I think much of what I am doing, I morph into the shadows and drop from her arms. I'm standing by the wall when I retake my human form, staring at her with a small pout on my lips.

"No nap," I state as sternly as I can, crossing my arms over my chest as I look at her with a frown. She glances at me as she rests a hand on her hip, giving me a look that makes me squirm in place.

"Evie, you are going to take a nap or I can put you in the corner," Lady Dimitrescu says. I shake my head as I step back when she approaches me. I thought I was quick but she was much quicker than I thought as she grabs me and lifts me up.

"No!" I cry out as I try to morph out of her hold but it doesn't work. My powers don't seem to want to work at the moment so she easily carries me to her room even as I try to kick and squirm away.

"Evie, enough," Lady Dimitrescu may have only said two words but they sent chills down my spine as I was still in her hold. She sat me on the bed, crouching down so that she was eye level with me. "You can take a nap or stand in timeout, what will it be, young lady?" she asks. Her words only made me feel even smaller and I shrink back, fiddling with the neckline of her dress.

"Nap," I finally decided, not wanting to stand in the corner. It didn't sound very fun and maybe I wouldn't feel so small when I woke up.

"That is a very good choice," Lady Dimitrescu praises, making my cheeks flush. I pout as she tucks me into bed, pulling the blanket up to my neck as I turn away from her. She hums softly and I feel her lips press to the side of my head. I feel heat gather in my face as I duck under the blanket, not believing that she had just done that. Nor did I want to believe that I had actually liked it.

"Not fair," I whine softly under my breath as I close my eyes, planning on ignoring her until she leaves the room. Though that plan kind of failed when I drifted off to sleep.