Drunk

*Evie's P.O.V*

Cassandra was strange when she was drunk. She was much nicer for one and she seemed to actually be a lot more affectionate as well. It was strange to see her behave so differently but also kind of sweet to see how nice she could be to people if she wanted to be.

Daniela was also nicer but in a different way. She was always super affectionate but now she clung to people. Currently Bela was the victim of that. She was sitting on Bela's lap, refusing to move. Her arms were like a vice who kept Bela in place. She was also pleading with Bela not to tell Lady Dimitrescu about it. It was kind of funny to watch.

Bela looked exasperated with her sisters. She kept rolling her eyes at Daniela's pleading and looked at me out of the corner of her eyes, seeming to ask for help. I wasn't going to be much help though because Cassandra had come back with the alcohol bottles and sat next to me. It looked like whiskey, or well what I thought whiskey looked like. I had never really drank before, the most I had ever had was a sip or two of someone's drink when they offered it.

"If you don't tell Mother about this, I will give you a bottle," Cassandra offered when she saw me looking at the bottles. I didn't feel comfortable with keeping a secret from Lady Dimitrescu but on the other hand I didn't want to be the one to tell her. So I hesitantly took the offered bottle from her.

Cassandra grinned as she got up, crossing the room to Bela and handing her a bottle. Bela seemed annoyed with both of her sisters but rolled her eyes when I met her gaze. She was clearly used to them doing stuff like this since she was the eldest.

"What do I get out of not telling Mother?" Bela's question actually surprised me. She seemed like the responsible one of the sisters, the one who would run and tell Lady Dimitrescu everything.

"I'm giving you a bottle," Cassandra huffed as she plopped the bottle down next to Bela. Daniela reached for it and Bela swatted her hand away.

"Oh I'm gravely wounded now," Daniela said as she fell off Bela's lap, rolling across the floor dramatically. "You've killed me, I'm dead," she said as she let her body fall limp.

"You're so dramatic Dani, you'll be fine," Bela said with a shake of her head.

"No I won't, I think I'm bleeding out," Daniela whined as she sat up. She crawled across the floor to me and sat next to me, holding out her hand. "Aren't I bleeding out Evie?" she asked. I hesitated for a moment, not sure how to answer but Daniela gave me puppy dog eyes so I decided to side with her.

"Yes, you're bleeding out so much. It's a miracle you're still alive," I said dryly, my voice with no emotion. That seemed to please Daniela as she turned to look at Bela.

"See? Evie agreed with me so," Daniela said, ending her sentence as she stuck her tongue out at Bela.

"That doesn't make you right," Bela stated.

"Does so," Daniela retorted with a grin on her lips. "Doesn't it Cass?" she asked Cassandra as she turned her head slightly to look at her.

"Don't care, it's none of my business," Cassandra said as she opened the bottle she had sat next to Bela and pushed it into her hands. "Drink it, this batch is really good. It's your favorite," she said with a small smile on her lips.

"Are you trying to peer pressure me into drinking?" Bela asked with a small smile on her lips.

"Yes, now drink," Cassandra said as she pushed the bottle towards Bela's lips. Bela scoffed as she rolled her eyes and took a sip from the bottle. "You drink yours too Evie," Cassandra said as she pointed at me.

"I don't really drink," I said simply, making her pout.

"Fine, just don't tell Mother then," Cassandra said. I was surprised at how easily she let it go since she had pushed with Bela but maybe that was because she knew Bela better than me.

I sat quietly for a bit before opening the bottle she had given me. I thought it might be nice to try it at the very least. The moment I took a sip of it, I could see why they drank it. It was kind of bitter and it burned as it slid down my throat. However the flavor of it was kind of sweet. It left a taste in my mouth that made me want more.

I took another sip of my drink as I listened to Daniela and Cassandra talk. Bela seemed more reserved as she drank. However that seemed to fade away as she started to drink more and more. Once she was drunk, she was a lot more giggly and talkative like her sisters.

I was eventually drawn into conversation, just talking with them as we drank. By the end of the night, there were at least eight empty bottles sitting on the floor. Bela, Daniela, and Cassandra eventually fell asleep in a pile on the floor after wearing themselves out by talking so much. They had also wrestled a bit, breaking some of the stuff in the armory.

I left the room, carefully shutting the door behind to not wake them up. My head felt fuzzy and it was like the world was spinning around me. Being drunk was not fun, I decided. It was like the walls were moving in front of me.

One of the white walls did move and I whined when I bumped into it. I was surprised when the wall moved again and I lifted my head up to look at the wall. I huffed when I realized it was Lady Dimitrescu. I had to stop running into her, it wasn't fun to run into her.

"You've been drinking my darling?" Lady Dimitrescu asked. She had crouched down to be closer to me.

"No," I whispered, shaking my head quickly. She clearly didn't believe my lie when she lifted me up. I whined at that, my head resting on her shoulder.