partner is a loose term.

"YOU GET THE TASER," Clemson Murn, the designated leader of the group, said to Jada as he handed her the small taser

"YOU GET THE TASER," Clemson Murn, the designated leader of the group, said to Jada as he handed her the small taser. She, Murn, and Harcourt were in one car waiting outside of Peacemaker's trailer, while Economos and Leota Adebayo were in another car.

Jada arched a brow at him, looking down at the taser in disbelief. "Excuse me? Why can't I use my gun?" she questioned, going down to reach for it before she realized it wasn't in its holster.

"Looking for something?" Harcourt asked, holding Jada's gun to show her that she took it. "I was able to snag it on your way into the car. Sorry." But she didn't sound too sorry about it.

"What the fuck? You've gotta be kidding me," Jada said, growing angry.

"Harcourt told me about your personal agenda. It'll be safer for everyone if you had a less deadly weapon," Murn explained, causing Jada to roll her eyes and shake her head. "You'll get it back after we bring him with us safely."

"He doesn't deserve to be brought in safely," Jada argued.

Murn looked at Harcourt with a small sigh, causing the blonde to cut in. "Look, we all know your feelings about this topic by now. You just have to suck it up, use the taser, and wait till this goddamn mission is over before you try anything. Okay? I like you, Reyes, for the most part. I don't wanna see you go down an endless rabbit hole of bullshit just because you wanted 'revenge'."

Jada pursed her lips. She'd been continuously on the same topic after being assigned the mission and she couldn't just let it go.

She wouldn't.

But of course she wasn't allowed to share her true feelings on the subject without being shit on, so she had to do what Harcourt said: suck it up.

"Fine," she said, pressing the button on the taser to made sure it worked. It zapped loudly, causing Murn's eyes to widen. "Let's do this shit then."

"Infiltrating the Dove's nest is a go," Murn then said into his radio to alert Economos and Adebayo. They then all got out of their cars, sneaking up to Peacemaker's trailer. "Harcourt, Reyes, go behind," Murn instructed and the women made their way behind the trailer.

They slowly snuck around before they noticed a broken window. They glanced at each other before stepping into view of it, Harcourt immediately cocking her gun once they saw the man of interest. "Stay where you are, Smith," Harcourt said, pointing the gun right at him.

Jada held up her taser, which probably wasn't as threatening as the gun, but it would have to do for now. But just seeing the man made her eyes narrow and her grip on the taser tighten. She didn't think she could hate someone this much, even though she was a pretty mean person, but this was different. If she wasn't so restricted in resources, she could have killed him right then if she wanted to. Honestly, the shards of glass on the grass were looking pretty nice right now.