animals usually don't like wearing things.

"YOU HAVE HIM ON THE TRACKER?" Murn asked over the phone as Adebayo drove Jada and Harcourt to where Smith was

"Yeah, it looks like he's still inside the apartments. We're almost there," Harcourt told him as she looked at the tracker inside his body.

"Okay, get him out of there."

"I don't see why we can't just blow him up and remove the evidence that way," Jada said from the backseat, shaking her head in disbelief at Smith's stupidity.

"Reyes...I don't think I need to remind you how important this operation is," Murn responded sternly, not in the mood for her jokes that really weren't jokes.

"We've got it handled," Harcourt cut in, not in the mood for Jada to start talking back, even though she was planning on not answering anyway. "Don't worry, I'm almost there." She then hung up the phone and started taking out her weapons. "You know...in your room, what you have in there, that's not safe," Harcourt began to tell Adebayo as she loaded up her gun.

"What?"

"You had someone in your room."

"Is it against regulation?" Adebayo asked.

"I didn't say that."

"What are you doing?"

"This op is off the books," Harcourt continued, ignoring Adebayo's question. "We don't have regulations, but it's not safe, is it? For her, I mean."

"I don't know!" Adebayo exclaimed.

"It's not," Harcourt answered for her.

"What are you doing?"

"Watch the road."

"I also have dogs. Do you think they're safe?" Adebayo questioned in concern.

"Are they big dogs?" Harcourt queried, and Jada just rolled her eyes at how stupid this conversation was.

"No, they're pretty small, but one of 'em, Emerson, he likes to wear these little outfits. Do you think that's gonna make him a bigger target?" she asked in genuine worry.

"Are you being serious?" Jada questioned, leaning forward in her seat. Yeah, she had her cats with her, but she wasn't this clueless about operations like Adebayo was. How did she even get this job?

"Uh, yeah!" Adebayo responded before she swerved away from the car in front of her, causing it to beep at them. "Shit. Almost hit that bitch."

"Reyes, take out your gun you stole back from me," Harcourt instructed monotonously, ignoring Adebayo.

Jada arched a brow. "How'd you know?" she said as she took out the gun, not needing to load it since it already had bullets in it.

"It's not that hard to feel a gun being pulled out of your pocket, but I didn't care enough to say anything," Harcourt answered nonchalantly.