soon-to-be girlfriend.

JADA, ADRIAN, SMITH AND ADEBAYO SAT IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK IN SILENCE

JADA, ADRIAN, SMITH AND ADEBAYO SAT IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK IN SILENCE. Unlike Jada and Adrian, who were able to basically "kiss and make up", that wasn't the same for Adebayo and Smith.

"I know I'm the last person that you want to hear from right now, Chris, and I—" Adebayo was cut off my Smith making a loud fart noise, making Jada arch a brow. "I can't apologize enough for—" he made the noise again, causing Adrian to laugh out loud. "I know that you're mad, but from the bottom of my heart—" Now Adrian joined in with making the fart noises with Smith. Jada and Adebayo glanced at each other, their brows furrowed.

Jada only knew about Adebayo putting the diary in his van, but she hadn't known the reason why. She honestly couldn't blame Adebayo for trying to frame him, but Jada had to admit that he didn't really deserve to be betrayed like that because of her morals.

Adebayo continued, "I really am sorry, I'm just trying to—" Smith and Adrian made more fart noises obnoxiously, Adrian pretending to chomp them in his mouth. Jada nudged him, giving him a look while she shook her head at him to get him to stop.

"What were you gonna say?" Smith asked once they had stopped, not being genuine about it.

"I was saying—" she then got cut off by more fart noises by him, making Jada sigh and roll her eyes. "I am just trying to apologize!"

"And I just thought you were my fucking friend!" Smith snapped angrily. "You set me up to take the fall and then you try to send me to prison, and you think 'I'm sorry' is gonna cut it?"

"'Cut it!'" Adrian repeated, making more fart noises.

"Dude, we're off it!" Smith yelled at him.

"We are?" Adrian asked disappointedly.

"Smith, lay off her, why don't you?" Jada spoke up, not wanting this tension to ruin their mission later on.

"Oh, really? Coming from the one who despises 'betrayers'? You know she's Waller's daughter, right?" Smith told her, making Jada visibly tense up immediately. "Oh, you didn't know...that's why you're defending her."

Adebayo looked at Jada, guilt on her face. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

Jada blinked rapidly, processing the information that was just given to her. She wasn't angry or sad or disappointed. She was...shocked because Adebayo was nothing like her mother, and Jada was sure of it. She had only ever shot someone once and it was fucking Judomaster, that little dipshit!

And honestly...Jada was starting forget about her whole revenge plot. It would only make her fall down this rabbit hole that she would never get out of. And besides...she met Adrian, which totally changed her perspective on things. She didn't need to keep on hating people.

"It's okay," Jada responded after a moment of awkward silence.

"Uh, what? You're supposed to be mad and taking my side here," Smith told her, his eyebrows raised.