swomebody's in twouble.

ECONOMOS DROVE THE TRUCK BACK FROM GOFF'S HOUSE, driving back to the HQ

ECONOMOS DROVE THE TRUCK BACK FROM GOFF'S HOUSE, driving back to the HQ. Vigilante had to ride back with them since he now knew too much and Murn didn't want to risk sending him off to go possibly tell some sketchy people about Project Butterfly.

"So, after the butterfly flew out of Goff's head, what happened to it?" Harcourt asked after Jada had retold the events that had happened underground.

"I shot it. It just...blew apart," Smith answered, shaking his head.

"Wait, you did?" Jada asked, not remembering him shooting at it at all, unless she was already trying to get out of the cave by then. Smith nodded, not meeting her eyes.

"It would've been nice to have captured it, but I guess it's good it didn't get away," Harcourt said with a shrug.

Vigilante groaned, his foot exposed with his bloody pinky toe. "I'm not sure I'm ever gonna walk again," he told them. Jada looked over at him, still trying to grasp the fact that he was the same guy from Fennel Fields.

"Why?" Economos asked in confusion.

"Motherfucker cut half my pinky toe off. It's the most important toe there is," he explained.

"I don't think so," Harcourt said.

"Yeah, that's not true," Adebayo voiced at the same time.

"Yeah, it is! You can't walk without it!" Vigilante exclaimed.

"You can walk just fine without a pinky toe," Adebayo told him.

"You'll fall over all the time, look stupid, and everyone will laugh at you," he said in a hurt tone.

"You already got the stupid part down, so I wouldn't worry," Jada muttered under her breath, causing Adebayo to snort.

"Hey!" Vigilante said, getting insulted. He didn't understand why she wasn't reciprocating the feelings he felt towards her, whether or not they were as extreme.

Harcourt shook her head and asked, "Who's gonna laugh at you for falling over because you don't have a toe?"

Smith laughed out loud before he noticed the look Harcourt and Adebayo gave him. "I was just imagining it. I'm sorry."

"You can't walk if you lose your metatarsal. That's like the knuckle of the pinky toe, but if you just lose your pinky, it's fine," Adebayo explained. Vigilante grunted in defeat, causing Jada to raise her brows at him.

An unconscious Judomaster then fell over from where he was propped up, making all of them stare down at him. "What are we gonna do about him?" the blonde asked, prompting Smith and Vigilante to immediately pull out their guns and aim it at Judomaster. "Hey, no!"

"Put your fucking guns away, cabrones," Jada said threateningly, using the Spanish word for 'fuckers'.

"What the hell does that mean?" Smith asked as he put his gun away, Vigilante doing the same.