a peace sign?

JADA'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN THE NEXT MORNING, the sun shining through the shitty curtains in the room

JADA'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN THE NEXT MORNING, the sun shining through the shitty curtains in the room. Her eyes immediately squinted, the rays hurting her hungover eyes. She went to go get up so that she could get ready for work, but she felt some extra weight on top of her body.

She looked downwards and saw that someone's arm was draped over her body, basically like they were spooning. "AHH!" she screamed loudly, forgetting that Adrian had spent the night with her because she was hungover and could barely remember anything.

Adrian immediately woke up, screaming as well as the both of them jumped apart and got into a fighting position. But, once they both realized that it was just them, their guards went down. "Oh, my God. You scared me," Adrian breathed out, reaching for his glasses that had fallen on the bed.

"No shit, Sherlock," Jada replied, rubbing at her eyes. "What...happened last night?" she asked, hoping that it wasn't anything bad. She looked down to see that she was wearing a T-shirt and sweats, no undergarments showing. That's relieving.

"Uh....we fell asleep," Adrian recalled, nodding his head.

"That's it?" she questioned, tilting her head.

"Ummm..." Adrian trailed off, trying to remember. "Oh, and we made out. Oh, shit! We made out!" he exclaimed in excitement, realizing the extent of his words.

Jada's eyes widened, starting to remember that occurring. She had to admit, she did like it. And she did want it to happen, for some reason. But she couldn't say that out loud — she was letting her guard down for some...guy! She promised herself never to let that happen again after Rick. "Oh, we did?" she asked, pretending not to remember. Adrian nodded his head rapidly. "Oh, I don't remember. Must have happened in the spur of the moment because of how drunk we were," she told him with a small shrug, feigning nonchalance.

"Oh...Yeah. No, yeah, definitely. Just happened 'cause we were drunk. No sobriety to it!" he agreed, forcing a smile to hide how disappointed he was. He then cleared his throat, wanting to change the subject because of how hurt he was. "So, we're gonna talk to Chris today, right?"

"Uh, what?"

"Yeah, last night you agreed to talking to Chris about everything so you guys could make up," he reminded her.

"When did I say that?"

"When we were drunk."

"Of course," she deadpanned.

-♡-

"I really don't want to do this," Jada whispered to Adrian outside of Smith's trailer. He had somehow convinced her to have a personal conversation with Peacemaker to resolve the issues she had with him so that she could start 'trusting' him. Honestly, if it were anyone else that was trying to help her, she would have punched them.